Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Viva la Difference!

It has been a joy to watch JCT "begin his educational odyssey" (Sean's words not mine!). Actually more than just a joy ~ it has been a trip! Wasn't it just last year that we went through all this with Joshua, and Mommy's heart thought it would never recover.

It was hard.

But, with JCT it has been different. I'll never forget the second day I picked him up at school. I walked in his classroom. His teacher was sitting on a little chair in front of the class. And the 4 or 5 children who were still awaiting their parents arrival were sitting in front of her listening to her read a story about Clifford the Big Red Dog. When JCT saw me, he jumped up off the rug, walked between the teacher and the kids, smiled, waved, and said loudly, "BYE GUYS!!!" His class had become his posse after only two days!

Last week he cried on Wednesday when Erik and Joshua left for school/work because he wanted to leave with them ~ cringe ~ instead of stay at home with me and the little boys!

Yesterday when he got home, I asked him if he missed me when he was at school. He looked at me with eyes that said, "I know that I should say 'yes,' but, honestly I didn't think about you at all, Mom. Sorry."

I love it.

I love his confidence, his independence, and his outgoing personality. My boys are so different, and I love their differences! It makes me excited that I get to watch them grow up! Love it!

Oh, and while I am on the subject of JCT and school. Look what he brought home today. . .

He was asked to pick out pictures from magazine clippings that look like Mommy and Daddy. Erik & I did quite well! Wouldn't you agree?

4 comments:

ohio12 said...

My oldest is the one who isn't sentimental. When I would pick her up from church nursery..even at a very young age, she would say "OH NO..I wasn't done playing!" She also is pretty stingy with the hugs. At first I thought I was doing something wrong, but now I have made my peace with it. My second born is more affectionate and sentimental.

Tara Lee said...

I have a feeling I will be dealing with this exact personality when my second goes to school. She is less 'sensitive' than her older sister. It will actually make it easier for me!

I love that picture!!! : )

Rebecca Jo said...

That is too cute of the pictures he picked!

Annikke said...

I came across your blog today!
When my oldest went to preschool he cried and carried on, making it very on me to leave him, my middle one marched on into preschool, hardly looking back! My youngest just started preschool and she was sort of in between those to extremes.
I like his picture choices!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved