Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Joshua's First Game. . .

The team & their wonderfully talented coaches. . .


I took all three of the younger boys with me to watch the game. All went well, thanks to some family friends who came to watch Joshua play. But, it didn't take me long to realize that I was in over my head~ out numbered 3 to 1 with very little room to spread out. One of my New Years resolutions was to cut back on the amount of sugar that I feed my little men. Well, yeah, that went out the window quickly during this game. I started out feeding Elijah and JCT Goldfish, but when that lost its power and they began to get more restless and more vocally displeased with their situation, I went to my last resort ~ M & Ms. And, let's just say that they had their fill of sugar that morning! You do what you have to do ~ especially when you really want to support your oldest son!! So, we made it, but in less than 24 hours I had arrangements made with a favorite teenage babysitter of ours to come each Saturday for the next 5 weeks and watch the little boys during Joshua's games. I asked her which she liked better ~ sleeping in on Saturday mornings or making money. Her answer without hesitation was: "The latter." And, so we made the deal, and I am so glad that we did!

And now, more pics of the game. . .

It was really very much like t-ball. He had fun, but I think the highlights were getting to drink gatorade and wearing a uniform! Oh, and running out of the tunnel when they called his name ~ that was pretty cool, too!

It just so happens that one of our neighbors refereed Joshua's game. Here they are. . .



Oh, and Princess M was a cheerleader, but she wasn't really all that into it! But, she sure looked cute! At one point I looked over and she was curled up in a ball on the gym floor ~ almost asleep! Kids are so funny!


I love this sweet little playa'. . .


And, here is my handsome husband looking intense and focused!

Can't wait until next Saturday!

2 comments:

Christi said...

How exciting! We don't do basketball, butjavascript:void(0) I LOVE going to Ryan's baseball games!

Stacy said...

My nephew always played Upward sports when he was younger...basketball, soccer and flag football. It is such an amazing program.

Joshua looks adorable. What a lovely family you have!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved