Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Hearts. . .

For as long as I can remember, I have scribbled hearts on everything ~ every note, beside by name, exchanging o's for hearts in certain words, etc. I love hearts. Always have. And, so it is no surprise that I love Valentine's Day!!!! I love it, but this year has been a little crazy! Last week I did birthday all week, and this week it has been Valentine's. I love it, but it has been a bit busier than I like! Of course, I got kind of used to being able to take it slow in the mornings ~ sipping my coffee for several hours with babies playing all around me, you know, before my big boys were in school. Now we are up and at 'em each morning!! But, I love mornings, so I really shouldn't complain!

Anyway, I helped with both Joshua and JCT's school Valentine parties this year. JCT watched intently as I made this heart shaped cake. . .


. . . that I was asked to make for Joshua's class. And, as I iced the cake, JCT asked the question that I was afraid he would ask, "Mommy, what are you making for my class?" I couldn't tell a lie. His teacher asked me to make ham sandwiches (we don't like ham around here), so I told him, "Ham sandwiches." He looked at me horrified. I mean, really, Mom. Joshua gets a fun cake and I get ham sandwiches. So, I added, "But, I am going to make them in the shape of a hearts. . ." And, I smiled sweetly at him, but I don't think it helped, and I don't blame him for being disappointed. I was, too, when the teacher assigned them to me. . .


That morning, as I put the sandwiches together, I had Elijah sitting on the counter "helping" me. I turned my head for no less than a second (the child has quick hands), and when I turned back around, my 3 heart-shaped cookie cutters were missing. I looked all over the counter. . . they were nowhere to be found. . . Where did I set them? Then, I looked up on the bar. . .

And, there in the bottom of our two fish bowls, lay the cookie cutters. But, thankfully, no fish were harmed. I couldn't help but chuckle because the child is a mess, I tell you. He continually creates work for me. Life is never boring with Lijah around ~ that is something I can count on.

But, a few minutes later when I found one of Joshua's "ilove" valentines in the bottom of the fish bowl, it wasn't so funny anymore.

This is what Joshua handed out to his classmates. . .


And, I loved these so much from last year, that I used them for JCT's class this year. . .


Oh, and want to know what we are wearing this Valentine's?

We made these T-shirts one afternoon this week. . .


Here is my attempt to get a picture of all three in their t-shirts. They simply would not hold still!!!


It is never boring around here, can you tell?

And, I surprised Erik by showing up to our church's Valentine banquet wearing this. . .


I had many husbands ask me to give their wives the website where I bought my shirt! It was definitely more of a hit with the men than the women!!! It was a hit with my man, and that is all that matters to me! :-)

Now here are a couple pics from my boys' school parties. . .

First, JCT's. . .

Elijah was a huge hit. Don't ask me why? But, the kids couldn't get enough of him!!! They weren't interested at all in the adorable baby that I was wearing, but they were all over little Li Li. . .


Cute. That is all I have to say. . .


Cute.


Cute.


And, now Joshua's. . .

Here he is eating at his desk/table. . .


Goodness, I love this little man. . .


We gotta lotta love in this house! Love, love, love, sweet baby love!!! Noone can keep their hands off this sweet little guy!!


I simply cannot wait until tomorrow!!!! I got a couple fun goodies to make for the boys, and I recorded Charlie Brown's Valentine for them to watch! I love weekends, and this is a long one!!! Hurray!!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll ask! Where did you get your t-shirt?:) I love all the fun little things you did for your kids. Also, you document everything that you do so both you and they can remember! That is wonderful!


Blessings!
Kim

My Bright Corner said...

Wow! You're an awesome super-mom! This post definitely made me smile. I'm gonna bookmark this post for future reference!

Blessings -

*Rebecca*

Tyna said...

I want to know where you got the Tshirt too!!

Cayce's crazy life said...

I know how busy you are, but you have such wonderful ideas -
I have an 18 month boy, and I am always looking for cute things to do. The fact that I am NOT a crafty person makes it difficult! I saw the IPOD idea in Family Fun magazine, but would love to know the website also for the shirt. Also, any craft ideas - if it's not too much - could you mention the materials and the how to's for moms like me that would love to be as creative as you!!
Thanks,
Cayce
The boys' shirts were adorable!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved