Friday, April 17, 2009

He's home!

After 11 days in New Orleans taking care of his parents, Erik came home to see us and catch up on work for a week before he needs to go back once again. I cannot tell you how much we all missed him. The boys missed their Daddy so much. It just hasn't been right around here without him. I haven't slept well, the boys haven't slept well, and there have been a good number of tears shed. But, he is back, and we celebrated his return! We got balloons and flowers (tulips ~ a favorite of his), made brownies and his favorite good old southern dinner of chicken and rice along with mashed potatoes and green beans, and the boys made posters to welcome him!

The boys were so excited ~ so, so, so excited to see their Daddy. No one missed him more than Joshua ~ except, maybe, for me.


Sweet, sweet reunion for this Daddy lovin' little man!


Joshua may have been most outspoken about how much he missed Daddy, but Elijah was most outspoken about how excited he was to see Daddy!!!! Even this morning he kept looking up at Daddy and hugging him tight and kissing him. I know it has to be a little bit of a healing balm to my sweet husband's hurting heart ~ at least I pray that it is.



He looks a bit like he has been in the wilderness for the last 11 days instead of in the city! He has since lightened up his beard a bit and gotten a haircut!!!!! He is looking a little more like himself today! But, I think he is beautiful no matter how he looks because he is mine and I love him like crazy!!!!!! Did I mention that we have been married 10 years today!!!!!! That is another post for a day when I have time to sit down and really pour out my heart! He bought me a beautiful Fleur de leis necklace while in New Orleans to celebrate our 10 years ~ very apropos since we were married 10 years ago at Martin Chapel on the Seminary Campus in New Orleans. Fleur de leis have become sort of a symbol of our love, obviously, because we were married in New Orleans.

I digress. . . Erik Daniel sat in his stroller watching the other boys reunite with their Daddy. He sat there just a smilin' away with the biggest grin, and I just watched and waited for his Daddy to stop and say hello to him. After he had held each of the big boys, he knelt down to talk to his littlest man, and Erik Daniel literally lit up under the attention of his sweet Daddy!



Erik had to run to the office immediately after reuniting with us ~ something about a football player and a shoulder. . . But, while he was there the girls at his office gave him these. . .



These are the names of all of his patients who called to check on him while he was away ~ front and back of the legal pad page, too. Tons of names ~ some left short messages, several wanted him to know that they had their entire church praying for his parents. His office staff was so sweet not just to answer all the calls, but to write down each name so that Erik could know how loved and prayed for he is. This meant so much to him. Every neighbor stopped by the house last night. Everywhere we go in our small town, we feel so loved and lifted up!

I am so thankful to have Erik home with us physically. But, there is still a part of him that is in New Orleans. I can see it in his eyes, and I have been feeling that this will not change for quite some time. Please continue to keep Jason and Erik in your prayers. One of our sweet aunts volunteered to pay for an airline ticket so that Jen can be with Jason in New Orleans this weekend. And, I am so thankful that he will have her there with him while Erik is away ~ not to mention the fact that I am thrilled for them that they get to see each other. Jen and I have missed our loves so much and have longed to be with them!

I better go ~ gotta date with a tall, dark, and handsome man!!!!!!

6 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh I am SO happy he got home. I will continue in prayer for his parents in New Orleans - and for each of you as you walk this out.

Happy Anniversary. I just love your heart for your family.

God is so good to just show up moment after moment after moment. Hope you have a wonderful week this week and thank you once again for sharing your heart. It blesses me every time. Sunshine

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary, Erin!

That first picture brought tears to my eyes. I'm so glad he is home with you for a while. I'm still praying for all of you.

Have a blessed weekend!

picturesofhisgrace said...

Happy Anniversary, Erik and Erin! Thinking about you and praying for you! We love you!

Kevin and Karen

Jackson said...

Yay!!! Have fun soaking him in!!!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Erin, so happy you guys got to have a little family reunion, and continuing to pray for all of your family. I know it must feel so good to have him back with you, even if it's just for a little while.

Lori said...

Just wanted you to know that we are praying for all of you!

I have always loved your blog and found it to be encouraging. Thanks for the blessing!

Keep us posted on your in-laws.

Blessings,
Lori


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved