Sunday, April 12, 2009

Peace. . .



All shall be well. . . And, all shall be well. . . And, all manner of things shall be well. . .



Unless I get a call in the next hour, we didn't receive the Easter miracle we were praying for, but all is still well. Erik's mom is still in a coma, and we are still praying and believing. Erik's Dad is doing quite well. I got to see him via my computer on Saturday and have a quick conversation with him. He looked great, and I got to hear those wonderful rich tones in his voice once again, thank You, Jesus! His deep voice is one of the most soothing I know, and it was wonderful to hear and see him. As per his usual, he was pouring love through his words over one of my sons. Joshua and JCT were at a softball game, so Elijah had Pop all to himself! It was such a special time for us.

Pop is the most knowledgeable, highly educated man of God that I know. He preaches out of the Greek New Testament for goodness sake! But, yet the sweet simplicity of his faith is what is most remarkable about him to me. And, this statement that he made on Saturday pretty much sums up the way he lives ~ listening to God and following Him. What I tend to complicate, he sees so simply. And, I love that about him. This is what he said in regard to his present set of circumstances. . .

"I just simply sense the Lord whispering, 'Peace.' And, I trust Him."

I love that.

And, isn't that what Jesus died and rose again to bring us.

Peace.

Peace with God. . .

Peace with our fellow man. . .

And, peace even in the midst of life's greatest trials.

5 comments:

Erin @ Closing Time said...

What a beautiful post. I am so thankful that the Lord is giving you peace in the midst of this situation. We are still praying for you, and especially Erik's mama. We love you!

Kim said...

The waiting is such a trial all by itself. I have thought of you often as you keep things going at home.

Praying while you wait ...

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Faith like that is so amazing. Still praying for all of you.

FaceforGrace said...

Still praying and believing with you. Thanks for the update.

Angela Nazworth said...

So very beautiful--peace---even in the middle of heartache. What a precious gift!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved