Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tailbone. . .

So, Nana took the boys to the park today. By "the boys," I mean Joshua and JCT. They had a wonderful time until Joshua got hurt. Evidently, he was trying to walk down a slide with muddy shoes and he slipped, fell, and hurt his bottom. Nana was off watching JCT when the little incident happened, so Joshua ran to her and began to tell her what happened. But, then he decided instead of telling her, he would show her. Brilliant idea. So, as you can imagine when he reenacted the incident he fell once again on his bottom. This time it really hurt.

He got up and tried to walk, but he was walking bent over and stiff. Nana insisted that they leave, but Joshua didn't want to go. He told her, "I'm okay. I'm okay. My daddy walks like this sometimes." And, he is right. Sometimes first thing in the morning Daddy is stiff, and he does kind of walk like that!

After a few minutes of trying to play but still hurting, Joshua looked at his Nana and said, "Well, I guess I'll have to go to New Orleans because my doctor is in New Orleans." But, then Nana suggested another good doctor in our town, Dr. Sean, Daddy's partner. That was sufficient for Joshua and in his mind he began to plan what he would say to Dr. Sean during his appointment.

On the way home, Joshua asked Nana, "Nana, will I still hurt when I get to heaven? Because. . . because if I do, then I won't be able to bow down to Jesus!!!!"

Nana assured him that when he got to heaven he would no longer be in pain.

Here is a little note he wrote for Dr. Sean. The picture is of Sammy the skeleton (who lives at Dr. Sean and Daddy's office). The arrow is pointing out where my Joshua is hurting.


Kids are so fun! And, I cannot tell you how much we have enjoyed having Nana with us!!! She has helped me so so so much!!!! Thank you, Mommy!

1 comment:

picturesofhisgrace said...

I love this so much! How cute! I will have to show Kevin this one. Too precious!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved