Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Treasure Hunting. . .

I had a really fun mom. I really, really did! And, one of my favorite things that she used to do for me was to prepare treasure hunts. An episode of WordWorld brought back some wonderful memories, and I decided to do a little treasure hunt for my boys!

Erik and I had already decided that we were going to take the big boys to a movie. I had a babysitter lined up for the little boys and everything was set and ready for us to go ~ except I had not told the boys. So, during nap time I took all of 20 minutes and made clues and hid them! This was so much fun because Joshua can read now, so he could read the clues!!! :-) I think there were 13 clues? or maybe it was 14? Anyway, it was so fun!!!! And, they couldn't wait to find out what the surprise at the end was going to be ~ especially since I told them it was not a toy, but that they would love it!


The clues were hidden inside and outside and then back inside and then in. . .


the garage and then back outside and then back inside. . .And, the final clue was hidden in the front seat of our van. . .


The boys absolutely loved it! So much so, that the next morning Joshua came up to me and whispered in my ear, "Can we do a treasure hunt for JCT?" I agreed as long as Joshua wrote out all the clues. So, while JCT played with Elijah Joshua made and hid the clues!

They were very simple and cute ideas for clues. . .


Most of them were easy enough for JCT to sound out with a little help. . .

And, at the end was a treasure created especially for JCT by his big brother. . .

Fun! Fun!

1 comment:

Q.Mark said...

Hey! This is so cute! And fun of course! I remember playing treasure hunt with some of my friends when i was a kid too, n we really had a great time doing that! U have such cuuuuuuute kids! God bless u all!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved