Sunday, May 06, 2007

Elijah's Biggest Fans








So, after the "event" of labor is over, there is one more thing that I look forward to greatly, greatly. And, that is introducing my children to their new sibling! Introducing Joshua to JCT was one of my favorite moments of my life. There was instant love, and it made this mommy's heart overflow!!!

As per usual, I was ready! I had special t-shirts made with our last name across the back and 01 on Joshua's, 02 on JCT's, and 03 on Elijah's. We also had a cookie cake ordered to celebrate the day! My boys LOVE cookies from the Cookie Co. with lots of icing!! So, we got a huge cookie cake and asked the Cookie Co. employee to cover. it. with. icing!! When the boys got to the hospital, Elijah was in the nursery for shift change. We gave the boys some cookie cake to celebrate their new little brother's birthday!! They were so excited to meet him, asking every other second when he would be there. They stood at the door and yelled, "Elijah come!!!"


I remember Beth Moore in one of her Bible Studies talking about watching her daughters, Amanda and Melissa, say good-bye to one another when Amanda went overseas to do missions. Beth talked about how it warmed her heart to see her daughters love eachother so much. She compared it to how God must feel when he sees us (the body of Christ) love on our brothers and sisters in Christ. And, I couldn't help but think of that as I watched my boys love on their new little brother. It warmed this little heart to the core.

Here they are checking out his little feet!! They couldn't get over how small they are!!


And, so, now we are home, and the newness is starting to wear off. But, I must say Elijah gets at the very least somewhere around 700 kisses a day from his big brothers. Joshua is gentle and sweet and loving with him. JCT, well lets just say that he loves hard, real hard. He gives probably 675 of the 700 kisses each day, but often they come with a head butt. He loves his little brother, but he has no concept of gentle, none, nada, not one single bit. So, I must keep a close eye on that little rascle! JCT calls Elijah by one of two names, either it is, "My baby" or "My Lijah." I never dreamed that he would be such a sweet big brother! And, Joshua, he is just plain old sweet, like sugar, or sweet tea, or cookie cake with way too much icing!

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Those pics are precious. Absolutely! I'm glad everyone is settling in, and still giving 700 kisses a day :)

How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Incredibly precious.... no other words for it!

Deidre said...

What precious pictures. I love the ones of them getting into the bassinet to kiss him.

I was so excited for E. to meet her little sister as well. Such a surreal moment!

So glad to hear you all are doing so well! I love seeing the pictures!

Linda said...

I think precious pretty much covers it. I love Elijah's little bassinet. He looks so cozy.
Blessings to you and all the boys!

Terri said...

Oh Erin, that is so sweet! I often look at the picture of my three boys when our youngest came home. There is just something about brothers! :)

I bet they are big helpers too. I remember when our youngest was about a week old, it never failed, when I went to the bathroom he would cry. Being the great big brothers that my older two were ... they would bring him to me! Not always right side up! I'm thankful that God had me buy a big fluffy bathroom rug before our youngest came home. He knew that he would need a soft spot to lay while I finished! Sweet memories.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness. I think I need to steal your shirt, cookie and celebration idea. I hope you wouldn't mind terribly. Although now I've only got 10 weeks max left to plan a P-A-R-T-Y before our second little boy arrives.

So, can I copy you? ;)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh... be still my heart! =) You once told me how wonderful it would be to see Devyn with her brother and your words still didn't prepare me for it. I just LOVE seeing Devyn and Hudson together, it brings tears to my eyes.

It sounds like everyone is adjusting well and I adored the pictures.

Mrs. C said...

What a neat way to celebrate Elijah's birth with the boys! My sister is pregnant with her second...might have to suggest we do something fun to welcome the next little one to our family.

It so blesses my heart to see siblings love/adore one another. I still remember how my oldest wanted to hug and kiss the youngest while he was nursing! At 3 and almost 6 they still adore one another. Thank God.

Thanks again for the Thomas cake information. I finally posted pictures and you can see them here:

http://thecampbellcorner.blogspot.com/2007/04/this-is-almost-week-overdue-but-if-you.html

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I too love introducing my little ones to their new sibling:) It is sooo fun to see the natural tenderness and love.And I'm looking forward to my little Karis becoming a big sister too, in just 4 short weeks:):):)

I love your idea of the t-shirts:)I might have to copy it.

Jennifer said...

I was tearing up through this whole post..and the make up post was priceless!!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved