Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy One Month, Elijah!


My beloved baby boy, it is hard to believe that you are one month old. We are enjoying you. You're little life has brought so much joy to our family already. We thank our God for you.

Fragile, yet full of life! You sleep a lot of the day and night right now. You consistently wake up twice at night - once around 1:00 a.m. and again around 4:00 a.m. Thankfully, this gives your Daddy and I just enough sleep to get through the next day. . .

I love to hold you, my little one. I love to hold you in front of the mirror so that I can look at your tiny body all curled up tightly clinging to me, your sweet head tucked under my chin. You are beautiful and sweet. Your Daddy loves to hold you in the evenings while he watches basketball on TV. He likes to hold you so that you can look out and watch the game, too!
Oh, and you are smiling, my sweetness, you are smiling at us! And, on occasion when I lay you on your back to let you get a little exercise - kicking and stretching, you will make little sounds that sound like you are trying to talk. And, bless your sweet heart, it takes everything you have to get those sounds out! You kick your arms and your legs with force, and then suddenly a little sound comes forth! And, we cheer you on!! Which brings me to one last thing. . . you have 2 big brothers who adore you. I daydream from time to time about what your relationship with the two of them will be as you all grow up together. I pray daily that God will bless you all with a selfless love for one another.
I love you, sweet little man, and I look forward to the months and years ahead.

15 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe it has already been a month!!!

What a precious baby boy!
kim

Linda said...

Kim took the words right out of my mouth. How can a month have possibly gone by already? He is just too precious. I can almost feel his soft little cheeks and smell his sweet, baby smell.
You are blessed Erin. Enjoy these days.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh wow! A month old already?! I feel like we were just waiting with you for his arrival! Erin, he is absolutely beautiful. I could eat him up and as Linda said, I can almost smell his baby scent through the computer. So sweet...

Kelly said...

You have such a way with words. It's clear how deeply you love your children and you encourage me to do the same.

Blessings

Ivey's Mom said...

One month. Wow. I hope you are getting rest and sleep. Enjoy that sweet baby boy

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's already one month old!

Mrs. C said...

1 month already!? I loved how my babies (now 3 and 6) would cuddle against me and I could put my cheek against the top of their head. Oh, how I wish I was blogging then!

Jennifer said...

I cannot belive it has been a whole month, either! Happy semi-birthday, Elijah!!!

Paula said...

Happy One Month little man. I know you are blessed with the most wonderful family. I can hear it in your mommy's words.

Sarah said...

Oh my word he looks like Joshua! You guys have some STRONG genes!! And all that hair! I just need to see him myself, you know? I miss y'all :)

And we WILL talk this week! I don't know how I've missed you every single time you've called!!

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Happy one month to your sweet little one. I think my husband and I have enjoyed our 3rd daughter more than the first two, because we are so much calmer as parents and we have the older two adoring her also. It's so fun to watch them with her! And the older she gets the sweeter they become to her:)

Deidre said...

Wow! A whole month!
He's so precious, Erin.
You are such a great Mommy. At this point, I would be stressed about the lack of sleep, but you make it all sound so wonderful.
He's fortunate to have you for his Mommy!

Michelle Peacock said...

Oh my gosh, how can it be a month already? You just had him! Happy One Month anniversary with your sweet Elijah!

Alycia said...

What a beautiful and precious baby you boy he is! I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog :) You have a precious family. Have a great weekend!

Blessings,
Alycia

Jennifer said...

oh... his sweetness! Got to see Becky's Luke today for the first time since his birth. Made me all the more anxious to get there to meet and hold little "Lijah". Loved Joshua's nursing picture too! :o) love you bunches
jen


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved