Monday, May 21, 2007

Meme

I've been tagged by Sarah to write 7 facts/habits about myself. So, here goes. . .

1.) I love a good night's sleep - something I haven't had in 3 weeks and 5 days. I love to wake up before the alarm clock goes off and lay peacefully dozing in and out of sleep until Fernando Ortega starts softly singing Grace and Peace to wake me up. And, then I just hit the snooze and do the same thing over again a few more times. . .

2.) There is nothing, in my opinion, nothing at all like the first cup of coffee in the morning. From the sound of the coffee maker to the sound of coffee being poured into an empty cup to the taste of the first warm sip, there is nothing like it. Mornings would not be the same without it. And caffeine has nothing to do with it. I drink decaf. It has more to do with how it soothes me into the day. . . I have to sit down, relax, and get focused before I start going each morning, and coffee is a vital part of that for me.

3.) Running is one of my favorite hobbies. I love a challenging run - either by pace or distance - I just like to end the run feeling like I gave all that I had. I really prefer to run in the evenings when I can run off all the stress of the day. It's a good thing, oh yes, it is.

4.) I am a bit neurotic about some things. I have master lists of everything stored on my computer, and I print them out and check them off. I have a list for the grocery store - organized by the route I shop, sectioned off by aisle with all our commonly purchased items listed and a space included in each section for me to add new or different items. I have a master travel list that I pull out to make sure I don't forget to pack anything. It is organized by family member and even has variations for baby and toddler, etc. This list also has a place to add items unique to each particular trip. I have a list of daily chores for myself, and a list for weekly chores, and one for monthly chores, and don't forget seasonal chores. I guess you could say I like lists, well, um, and control. And, don't believe for a second that I actually adhere to the chore lists. . . Honestly, it just makes me feel good to make the lists, print them out and look at them. I rarely follow them. And, to be totally honest, I haven't printed one out since before the renovation. . .

5.) In my opinion, sleeping children are quite possibly one of the sweetest things on earth. I love to peek into my boys' room and see my two rambunctious, wild monkeys sleeping peacefully. They look like little angels laying there. This has to be one of my favorite things to do. . .

6.) I love to be outdoors, and so do my boys. So, when the weather is nice, we virtually stay outside all day except for naptime! I love picnic lunches in the shade. I love our back porch. We spend a lot of time coloring in coloring books at the table on the back porch. I also love to sit and rock a baby on our front porch at sunset.

7.) I have never tasted guacamole. Never tasted it. Never really wanted to. I know that all my Texas friends love it. They talk about it all time. But, honestly, guys, it just really doesn't look that appetizing to me. I mean it is green and the consistency of, well, you know, the stuff you see in baby diapers. . . I'm not planning on trying it anytime soon. Maybe, one day when I visit Texas I will try it. Maybe.

8 comments:

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh, Erin, I just loved these seven facts from your life. I am so with you on sleeping; I just love it. However, last night, Devyn woke three times and Hudson woke twice. I'm afraid that my nights of deep, blissful sleep are over. And I agree about sleeping babies, there is NOTHING more precious than watching your little ones sleep. If I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is watch them sleep. It reaffirms everything I believe as a woman, mother, and Christian!! =)

Linda said...

A great list Erin. I totally agree about the lists. I'm so list crazy that if I forget to make my list in the morning, I do it at the end of the day - just so I can cross everthing off!! How silly is that?
I have learned to love guacamole - however - after your description.....
Have a wonderful day. Enjoy those boys!!

Big Mama said...

You and I are friends for sure...well, except for the guacamole part.

Praise and Coffee said...

HI Erin, ran across your blog through Bluebird blogs and thought I'd say hi! Especially with the coffee theme we share.
Congratulations on the new arrival!

FaceforGrace said...

This was all good and sweet, until the guacamole thing. (And I'm not even from Texas)

Seriously, I'm a list person also. And I have this many, times 2 (one set for home and one set for Ministry!) My husband jokes that I'll eventually need a list to keep up with my lists! It's so bad that Bayli will come up to me with something she's colored and she'll say "Here's my list Mommy!" It totally freaks my unorganized, laid back husband out that our 3 year old is making lists!

Also, the #1 entry on my to-do list every single day is "make list" so that as soon as I finish making the list I can cross it off. One thing done right away! It gives me an amazing sense of accomplishment instantly! I'm sure it's a sickness of some sort, but it works for me!

Be Blessed!
Holly

Kim said...

Love your list! We have quite a few things in common!

Hope all is well with Elijah and you are resting well. Take care~


Kim

Alycia said...

Love your list! I especially love watching my sleeping children as well. How busy they are during the day, and at night, they are so calm and peaceful. Have a wonderful day and also wanted to tell you, I enjoy your blog so very much!

Sarah said...

Erin! How on earth have I known you this long and not known about the guacamole??? Oh my word. The next time we're together, I'm making you some, and you're going to be reformed.

Sort of like when you and Carrie talked me into trying coffee, which is now a beautiful, beautiful part of my mornings. I consider it a fair trade-off. You're going to realize that you have been missing something just short of heaven :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved