Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hope for Spring!


Yesterday was another grey cold February day. I took the boys outside to play late in the afternoon, and this little yellow ray of hope caught my eye! I love winter. I love bundling my precious ones up in layers, and I love the cold crisp air. But, it is time, once again, for a little change, and my heart is ready! I am ready to embrace a warmer breeze, green grass, gentle rains, blooming flowers, and the tingle of sunshine on my skin. The sweet people who owned this home previous to us planted daffodils and jaunquils (sp?), and these lovely blooms have become my spring indicator each year since we moved here. They are tough little flowers. Several years they have popped up amidst snow just to let us know that there is hope. . .
Spring. . . is. . . coming!!!!

3 comments:

Jackson said...

A gardenia bloomed for me a few days ago... sweet little reminder that the cold (well, as cold as it gets here) is going away!!

Deidre said...

I am SO ready, Erin. I never mind when winter comes and am usually ready for some 'downtime' in our home. But, I am more than ready now for a little sunshine and the outdoors. It won't be long!

Jenny said...

I'm soooo ready!! I absolutely love Spring. It's my favorite season! I also love daffodils. Thanks for the pretty picture!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved