Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Destressing. . .

I am presently destressing over a cup of coffee at my computer. That is what I am doing, and it is okay for me to be doing this because I have it on my schedule. I have spent the last two to three weeks revamping our family's schedule - or, well, maybe it is my schedule. . .

I like to use bits and pieces of wonderful organizing tips that I get from my family, my friends, and from flylady. I like the whole "Control Journal" idea that flylady has. And, I have a beautifully adorned notebook that I have kept for the past 2 years with the words, "My Control Journal" on the cover. Oh, how I love that sweet little book. The pages of this precious book house my weekly goals, my morning, afternoon, and evening routines, my weekly schedule of basic activities and goals for each day. Just flipping the plastic covered pages brings me some semblence of sanity. I love it. I love to read my goals each morning to keep myself focused and on the same page. My goals include everything from focusing on character issues with the boys to keeping my diaper bag cleaned out to smiling at my children. Wednesday at naptime is my time to declutter and destress. I decluttered earlier this morning, so I am destressing now! How wonderful!

Life has been the norm around here lately. I am behind in some areas and ahead in others. Isn't that how life goes. But, I feel more focused and purposeful than I have in a long time and that feels good. Blogging is one of the things that I am behind on, but I still haven't figured out how it fits into my schedule. Honestly, it doesn't. I am determined to record all our family's memories, etc., so I will have to figure out something. But, at present there is a sticky note in my control journal on the basic weekly schedule page that says, "Where does blogging fit in?"

Speaking of recording memories. . .

Today as I was placing my darling, innocent, littlest son in his carseat, my two older sons decided that it would be fun to relieve themselves in the two flower pots that flank our backdoor. Yes, and then they ran to me to tell me what they had done! I guess they thought I'd be proud? I walked back to the backdoor to assess the situation. And, yes, yes, there was a small puddle in each flower pot. If only I had turned around in time to catch a glimpse (a picture would have been even better) of their little bums exposed, each boy standing in front of a pot. Being a boy mom is certainly a growing experience. Whoa. I am learning new things each day. They never cease to surprise me with the things they think to do.

Okay, already, I am going to go and play a game with the little mister in a Peyton Manning jersey who has approached me 16 zillion times since I began this post. He has poked me, prodded me, balanced himself on my leg, positioned himself between me and the computer, crawled under the legs of my chair, begged me for candy, for a different CD to listen to, asked me to open a Nutri-grain bar, and presently he is laying across the kitchen counter with his face in his hands looking cute and pitiful. And, I am a sucker for him.

7 comments:

Deidre said...

I am such a schedule-oriented person and yet, lately I haven't been on one at all. And I have no excuse. I have to do better. I'm not sure where blogging fits in, but I sure do enjoy it.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Sounds like a good day.
I'd love to know more about your schedule notebook. I've read what FlyLady recommends and it sounds as though you've tweaked it to fit your needs.

Stephanie Kay said...

Hi Erin, I'm not sure if I've commented before or not. I have 2 boys and a girl about the same ages as your 3 and am 10 weeks pregnant with #4. I couldn't help laughing at your pee in the flower pot story. Tonight my 4.5 year old informed us he had peed in the bathroom sink. "Because it was there." Aren't they a joy?! = ) LOL!

Sunshine said...

I LOVE your blog. I LOVE this post too - I am so NOT the schedule person but I want to be...I am learning about flylady and LOVE that site too...I am getting ready to build my control journal...anyway you would be willing to share more of what is in yours and how you put it together...thanks for letting us that do not "know" you get a glimpse into your heart! Sunshine

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love this post Erin. Scheduling is so tricky and it is important for us moms to get to do things for ourselves and it is so doggone hard to fit it all in. One thing that I have to remind myself daily is that just because I enjoy doing something like blogging doesn't mean it is bad or needs to come really late on the list. Because I keep one blog as a family jounral although it is terribly written just so I don't get overwhelmed and then the other blog I keep I use as a ministry. But I like doing them so much that I often feel myself getting discouraged or guilty. But one day I thought who says laundry always trumps blogging? As long as we all have clean clothes to wear wouldn't it be more important to take 30 minutes to keep in touch with friends and blog about our lives? But still, I struggle.

The flower part story is too cute and your little guy in the Jersey reminds me of a certain dramatic girl I know!

Messy and Wonderful said...

Erin, I second the request for you to share your control journal! I also love the pee story. I have found pee in the strangest places - one time they peed in the bathroom trash can. "Why?" you ask, because that's what little boys do!

Jenny said...

I would also love it if you would share more about your schedule. I haven't ever been the schedule type, but now that we have 4 kids (ages 9, 7, 2.5, and 1) I'm thinking it would help bring a little more order to our lives. And order would bring more peace.

I love reading your blog. I am always inspired and/or encouraged. You are such a neat mama!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved