Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Little Reminder

Today at the swingset JCT said the sweetest thing to me. He said. . .

"You are my fravorite Mommy!"

I thanked him and told him that I loved him, too.

Then, he said,

"No one else gets to take you home. Just me. None of the other kids at church get to take you home ~ just me!"

To which I replied, "And, none of the other Mommy's get to take you home ~ just me!! Aren't we blessed!"

Later as I pondered the sweetness of his comment, I felt a bit of pride creep into my heart. And, I was reminded of something I read in a book a few months ago. The goal of raising our children is not for them to grow up and lift us up, but rather that they would grow up and lift Him up. The goal is not for our glorification as parents, for our children to love and adore us and feel we did a good job raising them. The goal is to raise Godly children who glorify God with their lives. And, that is something that I need to be reminded of quite often.

1 comment:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Thanks for the reminder. It is so very, very true.

And that was a very sweet moment.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved