Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Boy and His Big Wheel

Every little boy loves his Big Wheel.



Joshua has a bazillion different bike-like toys to ride on, but his favorite overall is without a doubt his Big Wheel.

But, I must admit when Erik told me that he let Joshua ride his Big Wheel down the hill that goes up to the horses, my heart skipped a beat.
And, of course, Joshua couldn't wait to show me his new favorite thing to do.

So, I went, I watched, and I nearly lost my lunch.

I prayed the child all the way down.

But, he loved it, every single second of it.

The Ascent. . .



As I watched Erik and Joshua walk up the hill carrying the Big Wheel, all I could think was how tiny my little boy looked in comparison to that huge hill!!

The descent. . .

The thrill of the ride. . .

The wind in his hair, the joy in his laugh, the roar of those plastic tires. . .

Pure little boy FUN!!


Lovin' his Big Wheel!

3 comments:

Jackson said...

This is one of the many moments that I LOVE BOYS!!! I'm proud of you for being a brave momma letting him do it!!!

HW said...

Reminds me of my son and his Little Tykes tractor. My husband would push him up the hill and then he'd come speeding down.

Mama could only watch one time and pretend to be as happy as they were...

Little boys are the greatest.

Leah said...

Hey Erin,
I just read your sweet comment on my blog. Believe me, I feel guilty that I do not "teach" my kiddos enough. I think it's a balance ... isn't everything? I'm sure you do an awesome job. Thanks for visiting.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved