Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pre-school Grad

My little pre-school graduate. . .


I'm so proud of you, little man. It has been quite a year, and I have watched you grow up in so many different ways. You began the year fighting us about having to go to pre-school. You missed being at home terribly, and you did not know one single child in your class. Your least favorite part of school was playing in the gym. In fact, you used to sit by the teachers instead of playing with the other kids.

Now your favorite part of school is playing in the gym!! And, you have become friends with so many of your classmates.

Little Gracie's mother told me what a sweet friend you have been to her little girl. She said Gracie used to cry every day at school during the first semester of this year. She would come home each day and say that there was one little boy (you) who would comfort her when she cried. She said you would come over to her, put your arm around her and pat her back. Her mom said that it meant so much to Gracie! I love how you took something that was difficult for you and used it to help someone else. You are a very special and precious little boy, and I am so thankful that God has allowed me the honor of being your mom. I'm so proud, and I love you so much!

These are all the classes at your preschool. You and the rest of your class are in the green t-shirts! You all sang several songs showing off different things you learned this year, such as how to spell the color words.


I love the picture above because I see a glimpse of Uncle Kelly in your eyes. And, you know how I love my big brother!!!

They announced at this point in the ceremony that your class would be the graduating class of 2021!!! I am not ready for that graduation ceremony, but, thankfully, neither are you!!!



Here you are with some of your friends after the big ceremony!! I love to watch you interact with your classmates!!!

Mrs. Jenny, your teacher, gave you a sweet hug good-bye. I think she grew especially fond of you this year. As she hugged you, she told you that she was certain she would hear lots about you in the years to come. Then, your Daddy came over and put his hand on her back and thanked her for all she has done for you this year. Daddy said that when she looked up at him there were tears in her eyes. You are so loved little one. You may have a small body, but you have a huge heart. And, your sweet heart impacts those around you. Never forget that.



Deana B snapped this picture of us walking to the car, and I really like it!!



Our family ~ right now anyway!

And, last but most certainly not least, is a picture of your Daddy holding sweet Afton.


After the ceremony all of the graduates walked out of the gym in a single file line. Afton was standing along the way, and she reached out her hand and gave you five!!! It was a precious moment! If only I had known it was coming, I wish that I could have captured it with my camera!!

If I am this emotional about your preschool graduation, how in the world will I make through your kindergarten and high school graduations, not to mention college. . .

I love you, my Joshua.

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

So cute in the cap and gown. I know, each milestone gets tougher, eh?

Deidre said...

Oh my, Erin. I'm crying. I remember you posting about what a hard time he was having at the start of the year. He has grown so much. The first picture in his cap and gown took my breath. This will be E next Thursday and the thought makes me sad, yet excited. I'm so sad she's leaving Kindergarten.

I absolutely love these pictures - especially the one of all of you walking - such a precious, precious family!!!

HW said...

This post really speaks to me, as my little red headed boy is finishing his sophomore year in high school. We are two years away from college and I vividly remember him in his preschool cap and gown. My daughter graduates from 8th grade next week and then I will have two high schoolers. I am soon to make my last stop at the junior high building.
It is indeed a bittersweet time of year for parents.
Your boys are so precious.

Unknown said...

I love those pictures! Hard to believe they actually grow up!

Love the family picture especially

Mer said...

Erin! THanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to hear from you. I check your family out from time to time. They ARE BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL!!! We brought baby Garrett home yesterday and doing well! LOVE your blog!!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved