Monday, May 12, 2008

Today I...

* Got up at 5:30.
* Did my Beth Moore - Jesus the One and Only Devotional and prayed for my family & friends while sipping Bifferdoodle coffee and eating a Snickers Protein Bar.
* Received good morning cuddles from 3 little boys.
* Showered and got myself ready.
* Got 3 little boys dressed, fed, and ready for the day.
* Kissed my husband and oldest son good-bye.
* Started a load of laundry.
* Made a few phone calls.
* Put 2 baskets of folded, clean laundry away.
* Rocked Elijah to sleep for his morning nap.
* Changed laundry and took JCT outside to play a bit.
* Came inside, made JCT a snack & read the Squire and the Scroll to him. He loves that book!
* Made boys' lunches and packed them in baggies.
* Went in to get Elijah and fed him some yogurt, bananas, and applesauce.
* Took Rain out with boys.
* Let boys play outside for a few minutes.
* Took boys on a walk to see the horses - 6 horses were standing at the front corner! The boys were so happy to see so many all together! And, a beautiful white one came to the fence beckoning us to pet her. And, so I obliged.
* Walked home & loaded boys in the van to go get Joshua from preschool.
* Read an animal book to Elijah while waiting for Joshua in the pick-up line.
* Gave big boys their Pb&js & fruit for lunch to eat in the car on the way home.
* Drove home & let boys play outside for a few minutes.
* Corralled everyone back inside, folded clean clothes, and changed laundry.
* Took a tired JCT upstairs for a nap. 3 songs later, he was sound asleep in my arms.
* Put dinner in the oven - a sirloin roast with potatoes.
* Fed Rain.
* Ate some scraps from the boys sandwiches and some fruit for lunch. Then, I pigged out on chocolate peanut butter cookies.
* Rocked Elijah to sleep for his afternoon nap.
* Biked on the stationary bike for 30 minutes & read "That's My Son" by Rick Johnson while Joshua unbeknownst to me made some sort of "dinner" in the kitchen using a large tupperware bowl, goldfish crackers, a slice of American cheese, soap, and water. Then, he proceeded to pour this "soup" into several other tupperware containers. Needless to say, I had a bit of a surprise to clean up when I got off the bike.
* Payed bills and balanced the checkbook.
* Sat outside in the breezeway and read 2 chapters of Stuart Little to Joshua.
* Cleaned up Joshua's "dinner" mess while he played in breezeway with cars.
* Started Dishwasher.
* Gave JCT a big welcome to our world hug when he woke up from his nap!
* Washed the van with the help of my big boys! They loved it! Joshua asked if we could do it again tomorrow! No doubt, I'll have a clean van this summer!
* Went inside to grab my sweet 'Lijah and welcome him back to our world after his nap!
* Pulled his superyard outside and set it up.
* Looked over my calendar while boys played. Well, I looked over it for a second before about six gazillion requests came my way. "Mommy could you get the. . .", "I hurt my toe. . .", "Can we have juice?", "Let's go to the swingset!", etc.
* Pushed 3 boys on swings.
* Stopped playing to say a prayer for Bubba (Erik's brother) who has been at the hospital all day having tests run to figure out why he is in so much pain. Ended up being his gallbladder and surgery followed.
* Kissed a few boo boos.
* Walked up the street and back, pushing Elijah in the stroller while Joshua and JCT alternated between riding bikes and walking.
* Took Rain out.
* Corralled boys and superyard back inside.
* Fed Elijah some yogurt and cheerios to tide him over until dinner.
* Folded laundry and started last load for the day!
* Put dishes in dishwasher away.
* Put clean clothes and towels away.
* Bathed 3 little dirty boys in one big tub! Fun!
* Got everyone out and dressed in PJs. Got hugs and kisses from clean, happy boys!
* Took roast out of oven. Pulled some potatoes off to cool for Elijah to eat with his leftover green beans.
* Made Salads and put french bread in the oven.
* Freshened myself up a bit for Erik - a splash of perfume on my wrist and a dusting of powder on my face.
* Got a call from Erik - on his way!!!!! Yay!!
* Had boys set table while I prepared everyone's plates.
* Received a sweet kiss from Erik.
* Dinner is served!
* Clean up dinner dishes, wipe down table, stick sugar cookies in oven, and sweep kitchen floor.
* Feed boys their well-deserved dessert of sugar cookies.
* Kiss Erik goodbye, so he can do a little training for his triathlon.
* Lay out clothes for me and boys to wear tomorrow.
* Rock Elijah to sleep. One down, two to go. . .
* Make a few phone calls and wash my face while big boys wind down and play cars in sunroom.
* Take big boys upstairs for bedtime routine - beginning with brushing teeth and going to the bathroom.
* Snuggle on JCT's trundle bed and read the story of Samson. Joshua talks me into reading 3 stories, and I am a sucker. So, we read about Ruth and Naomi and then last but not least about Hannah praying for God to give her a son - Samuel!
* Pray.
* Sing songs and scratch backs.
* Say goodnight and go downstairs.
* Text Jen - to make sure she is hanging in there with her husband having a surprise surgery and all!
* Pulled van into garage and stood outside for a few minutes to listen to the prettiest, clearest whippoorwill sing his song from a tree near our home.
* Get out laptop and sit down on couch with a glass of ice water with lemon. Ahhhh. . .
* Joshua comes down, sits next to me, gives me a hug and a kiss and a really cute smile, and tells me that JCT needs to "poo poo." He asks if he can sit downstairs with me until JCT is done. I tell him of course he can.
* We look at pictures of him on my blog until we hear JCT moving around upstairs. This means one thing and one thing only. He has gotten off the potty with a dirty bottom and is doing heaven only knows what with his pj pants down around his ankles.
* I take off like lightening, pushing Joshua to the side, and run upstairs. JCT is standing by the bathtub looking at his bath toys with his pj pants down around his ankles as I expected. I pull him back over to the toilet and wipe his bottom. He flushes, and we wash our hands.
* I say good night for the last time (I pray) and go back downstairs.
* Sit back down on the couch and write this post. Boys actually quit talking and went to sleep! Enjoy feeling my youngest son wiggle around in my belly!
* Now Erik has called and is on his way home! Yay!

Just another typical day for us, but I thought this might be fun to read in 10 or so years.

10 comments:

Jenna said...

I loved this! Y'all are such a sweet family! It WILL be so cool to read back years from now and see what y'all were up to on a daily basis.

You and all your boys are just PRECIOUS. Thanks for sharing this!

Deidre said...

Wow, Erin. What a full, happy day. It's so neat to read about how your day unfolds. Those boys are so fortunate to have you for a Mommy!

Melissa said...

I was impressed with the very first line - woke up at 5:30. I am doing that same bible study!!

Kim said...

I love this! I would love to read a day in the life of my own mom ;)

I wrote something similar to this when my girls where small but it was a description of our living room (the toys, the clutter, the sound and smell) when my first two were little like yours.

What a blessed day full of service to your family!

Elizabeth said...

Wow, you do a lot. Sounds like a blessed, although long, day.

I bought some Bifferdoodle to try b/c you say it's so good. My mom picked it up for me in Little Rock. I love it!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Very sweet and fun. You are a loving mama.

Sunshine said...

Thank you for a peek into how your day flows - what a sweet, sweet picture! It also gave me some great ideas! Sunshine

Manda said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading this... I have so much to learn!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That was such wonderful thing to read. It is a great idea and I'm sure you'll treasure it in years to come. I may have to steal that idea!

B. said...

I wish I could accomplish so much! What a productive thing you are! Great day with family.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved