Monday, July 21, 2008

Welcome to Your New Home, Little Man!

We finally decided that it was time to move Elijah from the pack and play in our closet to his very own room upstairs! The transition that I so dreaded was a piece of cake!! The very first night that I lay him down in his crib upstairs he drifted quickly off to sleep. It was as if this little room felt like home to him already. I think he likes his little room. And, I do. I never posted post-renovation pictures of the new nursery, so I am going to use this as an excuse to do just that!

Here is the happy little man post nap in his crib. . .



This room is tiny, so the walls are covered in pictures and almost every inch of the floor space is taken up with furniture! But, it is a sweet and cozy room full of sweet meaningful baby things!



The pictures above the crib are favorites of mine. They were taken when JCT was a newborn.



A few more special things that I hold close to my heart. . .



I don't get to do any feminine decorating in this home full of boys, so when we renovated I decided the nursery needed some soft & gentle touches like a crystal doorknob and this chandelier. . .


I had this blanket embroidered just for my sweet little man!

Because there is not enough room for a changing table in his room, I opted to use a portion of his closet for it! Thankfully, he has a nice little walk-in closet!


These pictures are hanging in the closet, so I get to look at them while I change my little man's diapers. They are of Joshua and I while I was pregnant with JCT.



JCT's old crib is still in the dormer of the big boy's room, and they begged me to let Elijah sleep in there with them. But, my goal is to one day have Elijah and the new little one share a room. I assume that we will keep our new baby downstairs with us until he is about a year old, too. Then, we will move him upstairs and let him share a room with sweet Lijah! Besides, the big boys talk too much at night! I fear Elijah would not get enough sleep! And, I love that my little man has his own sweet, peaceful little home to sleep, play, and grow in!


I think he likes it!

2 comments:

Deidre said...

Erin, I love the pictures. I love that you put pictures of your little ones in the nursery - so sweet. I've been online for 2 days looking for my E a chandelier for her room. It was a promise made since she was/is so bummed about our move. I've had to promise big things for her new room. I love that chandelier! I don't blame you one bit for adding a little sweetness to the nursery - very appropriate!!

Oh, and I love your kitchen curtains. We like the same colors!

Sarah said...

Love, love, LOVE your taste in decorating! Where, may I ask, did you get those white shabby picture frames?! It's been awhile Erin, but I still check in through Deidre's blog often. I'm due to have my third, a son, end of August. After two girls, this is quite an exciting treat!
Sarah


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved