Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Word from God. . .

The back door swung open wide, and a dirty, sweaty, red faced little boy bounded inside and onto my freshly swept and mopped floors.


"Boy, I was really hearing from God out there!!!" he exclaimed.


I choked back a giggle. He had been outside playing in the mud for over an hour. The thought of him talking to God as he played in the mud made my heart smile.

"Really? Wow!" I said.


"Yes!!" He shouted excitedly.

"And, what exactly did He tell you?" I asked unable to wait another second to hear the details of this sweet interaction between my God and my son.

"He told me to be a man!" he said happily.

"Wow! Really! That is great! Did He say anything else?"

"I asked Him if I could see Grandma B. again one day because I really want to see her bad! And, He said, yes, I would see her again in heaven one day!!!"

Now, I love this. . . Grandma B. is my maternal grandmother. Joshua was about 18 months old when she passed away. She absolutely adored Joshua, and although he doesn't remember her he talks about her all the time.


How cool is it that I am beginning to see my sweet God draw my son to Himself. I love that I can see evidence of a relationship forming!


And, it is just like Him, just like our sweet God, to stoop down to speak to a child, to stoop down to the great depths of an earthly mud puddle, no less, to speak to a little boy. What a good God He is!


Father, I pray that Your hand will always be upon my sons. Lead them, guide them, and draw them ever closer to Your heart. May Your unique relationship with each one of them grow more intimate with each passing year. May they walk closely with You all the days of their lives. And, may they always be fertile soil, ever listening to Your still small voice speaking wisdom and truth into their hearts.

3 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh, I long for that for my children too. That is such a sweet, sweet story.

Sara said...

Loved this. So glad He speaks to us all.

Mary Jo said...

That is beautiful. I love it when God is so personal - to all of us. It makes me love Him all the more.

Love reading your blog!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved