Monday, April 13, 2009

Do you think he misses his Daddy?

Ummm. . .

Yes!

It has been a little over a week since we have seen our sweet Daddy/Erik, and we have never been away from him this long. never. ever. So, naturally the boys are really beginning to miss him ~ especially one boy in particular.

Joshua.

Today he came home from school with his usual bunch of papers. On the back of two of his worksheets, he had drawn pictures of his Daddy.


When I inquired about the picture above, he informed me that it was a picture of Daddy and him working in the yard. Daddy has an ax. I guess he is going to cut down the tree to the left of him. And, that grey thing to the right of Daddy is his wheelbarrow.

We thought that Daddy was going to come home today, but he wasn't able to leave just yet. So, there has been great wailing and gnashing of teeth in our home this evening!!! Long after I tucked the big boys in bed, I heard more crying upstairs. I went up and found both my sweet men in JCT's bed. They were cuddled together, and Joshua was crying again. I held him and told him that I missed Daddy, too. Then, I sang the boys a sweet little song that Erik wrote for his Dad when he was growing up. . .
"Neither heights nor depths, nor doubts nor fears, nor taking steps, nor buggy-men or bears, could ever separate me from your love. . ."
I sang it several times while brushing their soft strawberry blond hair out of their eyes. Then, we talked about all the fun things we will do when Daddy comes home, and the tears slowly dried. Before I left I asked them. . .
"Who is going to be the most excited when Daddy comes home?"
They both raised their hands and yelled, "ME!!"
I laughed and said, "You're both wrong! I'll be the most excited!!"
Joshua argued that since he was the first in our home to cry that he would be the most excited.
But, he is wrong.
So, very, very wrong.
We all know and understand that Daddy is just exactly where he needs to be right now. And, in a few days he will come home and be home for a week!! At least that is the plan for now, but it is subject to change at any moment!
Erik, I just wanted to let you know how loved and missed you are! Godspeed, sweet love.

4 comments:

The Collins said...

Erin, My heart is so heavy for your family and I just want you to know we're praying for you guys. I pray that those precious boys will feel peace during this time! God bless!

Jill said...

Praying that your husband will be home soon with wonderful news and that your boys will get all the daddy time they need.
May you have a little extra time of peace and quiet today just to relax.

picturesofhisgrace said...

So excited that Erik will be able to be with you guys soon. Kevin talked with him briefly yesterday. He said Erik sounded really tired. We love you all. Still praying, trusting, and hoping!

Jenny said...

Still praying for you all.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved