Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Prayer Manners.

When you try to have bedtime prayers with two wiggly, talkative, curious, active little boys, then you have to lay down the law from time to time. It is not uncommon to see one of our boys laying on his back with his feet high in the air kicking at absolutely nothing while we pray. And, as soon as Erik begins to pray, suddenly they remember what it was that they have needed to ask us all evening! So, Erik started saying. . .

"Respect the prayer."

If we are in the middle of a long prayer and JCT asks if he can wear shorts tomorrow to preschool, Erik doesn't hesitate. He doesn't respond to the question. He simply says. . .

"JCT, respect the prayer."

And, then he continues on with his prayer.

Well, while we were in New Orleans this past weekend, Nana stayed with the big boys. And, so she had the great honor of doing prayertime with our little men. She gave them the floor and allowed them to pray. We do this, as well, from time to time. But, we know our boys, and we know how they like to talk. So, we only give them the floor when we have time to listen for a while.

Nana said that when JCT prayed he went on and on and on and on and on and on. . .

(Big surprise) :-)

So, several times she broke in and said, "Just a few more things JCT. . ." and, "Okay, JCT that is probably enough. . ."

His response. . .

He just ignored her and kept praying. . .

"God, please help Nana learn to respect the prayer."

9 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That is hilarious! I'll have to start using that phrase. Our children can get a little squirmy during prayer time as well.

Jill said...

I love when someone in our house rats out someone for having their eyes open during prayer or for sneaking some food during a meal prayer. Cracks me up.

Erin @ Closing Time said...

Priceless!! :)

Sarah said...

Priceless :)

Sarah said...

Ha! I just noticed that Erin said the same thing! But it is!!

Paula said...

HAHA!! That is funny.

Girl Raised in the South said...

Absolutely loved this - adorable.

Sara said...

This made my day.

Rebecca said...

Hilarious!

My Paw Paw was reading the paper; I was 3yrs. old; I was climbing on something that I *knew* I wasn't supposed to climb on. Of course, Paw Paw told me to get down. I told him to "keep on reading your paper". Smart alek at such a young age - not good! :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved