Friday, May 01, 2009

Happy 7 and 8 Months, Sweet One!


I am so amazingly behind!! I apologize my sweet little one!!! I haven't written a post for you since you turned 6 months old! And, a week ago you turned 8 months old!!!

16 months ago I started feeling a little queasy, and my period was a little late, but I knew for a variety of reasons that there was no way Erik and I could be pregnant again! So, I waited and waited and waited, and finally after being a little bit nauseated for a week and a half straight, I decided I better take a test just in case. I didn't really think it would be positive. I had an 8 month old baby in my arms for heaven's sake!!! Logic told me that I was crazy for even wasting the money on a test, but as soon as I took the package off the shelf, I knew. . .

As I drove home from Wal-mart with the test untaken and still in the bag, I praised God, and I knew. . .

I knew it was going to be positive.

And, it was.

And, the rest is history!

God gave us you, my sweet little one!

And, I can't imagine our home without your sweet peaceful presence. You have your Daddy's layed back disposition, and you look like him, my little brown eyed baby boy!

Erik and I took you to New Orleans last weekend, so you got to be the only child for a few days! Now that was fun!!! Mrs. Sheila kept you off and on so that Daddy and I could visit Grandma and Pop in the hospital! Mrs. Sheila is about to become a grandma for the first time, so I told her she could practice on you! I think she kind of misses you!!!! You are an easy baby to babysit ~ you take a pumped bottle very well, and you don't really care who holds you ~ you seem to like just about everybody!! You made Pop smile huge, and that made your Daddy and I so happy!!!!!

You are sitting up, and just the other day, you finally started crawling!!!! Way to go, little man!! You are also eating two meals a day! You love sweet potatoes and bananas the best!

Just the other day, you started getting a little rolly polly while I was changing your diaper. I had to give you a toy to keep you still. And, this reminded me that it won't be long and you will be a little boy ~ active, playful, and full of energy!!! I can't wait to know you better, little one!

I love you,

Your Mommy

4 comments:

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

So, so, so sweet. Don't they just grow up too fast!!!?

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love that after 3 boys you name the 4th after your husband and he looks SO much like him...God is so good!

Tyna said...

Oh, he is sooo sweet! LOVE the brown eyes!

Girl Raised in the South said...

It goes so fast, doesnt it, especially when youre as busy as you are. He's absolutely precious.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved