Friday, June 05, 2009

Little Miracles. . .

Walking through the journey of Erik's parent's accident has been a series of little miracles. And, every week when Erik makes that 6 hour drive home, he returns encouraged because he has witnessed another little miracle. Progress is slow but, it has, at least so far, remained constant. Thank You, Jesus!

Years before the accident, Grandma made Build a Bears for each of the boys. And, I will never forget the first time after the accident, when Grandma lay still in a coma, that I accidently stepped on Joshua's bear's paw and heard her voice, "Hi, Joshua, this is Grandma. Be a good little boy. We love you. We're praying for you." It was a hard moment. Joshua and I just looked at each other both wondering if we would ever hear that familiar voice again.
Well, good news, we have heard her sweet voice once again! The other day Erik came home from work, handed his cell phone to Joshua, and said, "Someone wants to talk to you." He took the phone from his Daddy, and said, "Hi, Pop!" Then, a few minutes later he looked up at Erik and said, "Is it Pop?" Erik encouraged him to listen, and a minute or two later he realized who was on the other end of the phone telling him that she loved him! His eyes lit up, and he smiled from ear to ear. Later that evening we went to church, and Joshua bragged to every person who would stand still long enough for him to them that. . . "My Grandma can talk! She told me she loved me on the phone today!" And, our church body rejoiced with him!
Since the accident happened, my Joshua has thought of little else. His school papers throughout the month of May were covered in pictures of Pop, Grandma, the accident, the car that hit them, the police, their hospital rooms, their names written on hearts and stars, etc. It is easy to understand why psycologists analyze the art of children. It is a window to their heart. I remember sometime after the accident Joshua drew a series of pictures of his Grandparents. In the first they were leaving guest housing across the street from the seminary. The sun was smiling and so were Grandma and Pop. Then, he drew a picture of the car that hit them, Grandma and Pop laying on the ground, and he wrote the word, "Oops" at the top. The next picture had the police talking to the man who hit Grandma and Pop. The man was saying, "Oops," and the police were saying, "No!" And, in that picture the sun that had once been smiling was now crying. When he brought me these pictures and told me the story, tears filled my eyes as he pointed out to me, "Look, Mommy, see the sun is smiling here, and here it is sad and crying." A glimpse into my little man's soul. Children draw what they are thinking.
So, it was of no surprise to me that Joshua drew this picture the day after he heard his Grandma's voice. . .

Complete with stapled on tissue for her covers! I love that little creative boy!

And, he would want me to point out to you that if you lift up her covers, you can see her feet. . .

He is proud of that!

Anyway, I thought I'd add a picture that JCT drew of Pop just for fun!

Thanks again for your prayers! We are seeing little miracles every week!

4 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

I love this post! It blessed my heart like crazy!! Love you!

Paige said...

How precious! And what a day of celebration! Our family has been praying for your family since we heard of the accident. I cannot wait to hear of more miracles. Blessings to you all!

Girl Raised in the South said...

Love this, love their sweet hearts, love the feet sticking out. Still praying for all of your family.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That is wonderful! Those are some sweet, sweet boys you have!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved