We love you to pieces! It is hard to believe that you will soon be one year old!!!!!!
Monday, June 29, 2009
We love you to pieces! It is hard to believe that you will soon be one year old!!!!!!
Friday, June 26, 2009
* Nursed him and rubbed his cute little fuzzy head.
* Showered, made coffee, and held 3 little boys in such a way that they all thought they were sitting on my lap and sipped coffee without burning anyone!! :-)
*Checked email, my calendar, and made breakfast.
* Kissed Erik goodbye.
*The boys and I prepared a small cooler with bottles of Gatorade for the garbage collectors to pick a drink from. Posted a sign on cooler instructing them to do so and letting them know we appreciate them. Oh, yes ma'am, we appreciate them!
*Got boys dressed and ready to play.
* Put Erik Daniel down for morning nap.
* Boys played inside while baby slept.
* Erik Daniel woke up and I took boys outside to play and to wait for garbage truck.
*An hour later, sweaty and still waiting. Decide to regroup, make lunch, and have picnic in the 90 degree heat.
* Hear garbage truck coming. Boys are giddy! Garbage collectors see cooler and wave with big smiles.
* Boys are more than pleased!
* Hey, wait a second, they took the cooler! They weren't supposed to take the cooler ~ just the Gatorade! This concerns Joshua. I assure him that we can replace the little cooler. All is well. Joshua says to JCT, "Doesn't it make you feel good to do something nice for someone else!" I think he has heard that line before??? :-)
* Finish up lunch and head inside for afternoon naps and rest-time.
* Nurse Erik Daniel and put him down.
* Sing to Elijah and put him down.
* Settle big boys in their room with puzzles and books.
* Go downstairs and spend 30 minutes looking for a babysitter to watch the little boys while I take Joshua to 2 birthday parties on Saturday. No babysitters available.
*Call Erik and complain that I cannot find a sitter to save. my. life.
*Unload dishwasher and reload.
* Read a friend's blog.
* Tell big boys that they can come back downstairs.
* Hear Erik Daniel waking up, nurse him, and pack diaper bag.
*Wake up Elijah and load the boys in the van to go get hair-cuts.
* Call 2 of Joshua's friend's moms on the way to salon and ask if they could possibly take Joshua with them. Strike 2 and 3.
* Joshua overhears me talking on the phone and from the back of the van I hear my sweet boy say, "Mom, I don't have to go to both parities. Really, I don't. Just don't worry about it. I don't have to go. I'll just stay home."
* I assure him that I will get him to both parties ~ no worries!
* Spend the rest of the drive threatening JCT not to touch anything that doesn't belong to him at the salon.
* Get to salon. Load Erik Daniel in stroller and walk inside. Want to cry when I see a customer sitting in our hairdresser's chair with wet hair. Begin to point out chairs for each boy to sit in when I notice sidewalk chalk sitting on a little table.
* Ask Ann (hairdresser) if we can play with it. She says yes, and we head out to find a little corner of concrete to write on.
* Ann comes out to get us, and boys get hair-cuts.
* Laugh at my Elijah as he is getting his hair-cut. The child who never sits still looks as if she has put him in a trance! :-)
* JCT obeyed! He managed to keep his hands to himself! Hooray! Ice cream for everyone!
* Drive to Sonic.
* Make one last attempt at finding a babysitter.
* Bingo! The brave soul agreed to watch my boys! :-) God be with her and bless her abundantly!
* Pull into parking place at Sonic and order ice cream.
* Receive order, get boys out of car seats and head to picnic table area.
* Grab entire roll of paper towels from van.
* Feel like Mother of the year as I walk my well-behaved little boys in a straight line to eat their ice cream.
* Oops. Not feeling like Mother of the year anymore. Mother of the Year would have realized that eating ice cream in the summer heat would not be a good idea. Ice cream is literally running down their arms, their shirts, and onto their shorts and crocs.
* Have to laugh at what a bad idea this was and at how adorable my little men look with ice cream goatees!
* Try desperately to clean them as they eat all the while holding Erik Daniel on my hip.
* Attempt to sit down and look as if this is easy and very much under my control since I have a captive audience of hamburger eating folks gawking at me. But, when I sit down Erik Daniel grabs the roll of paper towels on the table behind me, and it falls to the floor unraveling all over the dirty concrete.
* I attempt to collect myself and the runaway paper towels without dropping the baby!
* Praise God when one by one they begin to finish their cones!
* Head back to van.
* Go to the library because I love books, and it just makes me feel good and peaceful.
* Let the boys pick out one book each, then head to the front to check them out.
* Realize that my library card is at home in our library bag. Where else would it be?
* Ask if she can just look me up in the computer.
* She says she needs to see my drivers license.
* No problem, only it is in the car. So, I leave books at desk and haul all four boys back to van. Elijah begins crying because he thinks we are leaving without his Barney book. I assure him that I would not do such a thing and try to explain that we are coming right back.
* Go back inside, check out books, and head to park. . .
* Yeah, I'm a sucker. They asked and the park was completely vacant, so I said yes.
* Drive to park, load Erik Daniel in stroller and head out to play.
* Again feeling a bit like mother of the year until I hear. . .
* Wailing and Gnashing of teeth! JCT realizes that he! has! a! blister!
* Go back to car where I remember seeing that someone stuffed their sock in a cup holder. I have been meaning to bring it in for a week at least, but I'm glad that I didn't! Give JCT the sock to put on and head back to play.
* Play for 30 or so minutes until JCT is almost asleep on the swings, then load everyone back into van and head home.
* Get home, make dinner, bathe boys, read to boys, take out Rain, slowly one by one put boys down.
* Take 2 Extra Strength Tylenol for my aching legs, get a glass of milk and three chocolate oatmeal cookies and sit down at the computer. . .
* Talk to Erik, and now I am calling it a day.
* And, amen, and amen, and amen.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
By myself.With four children.
Don't let your mind wander to how I handled potty breaks. Let's just say I had my hands full. And, I obviously didn't think ahead because I wore drawstring yoga pants. Have you ever tried to tie drawstrings with a twenty-something pound wiggle worm on your hip? It was an experience! :-) But, we made it, and I got to see my sweet husband who had been in New Orleans with his parents all week, and that is all that really matters!!!
Jen and Jason were there, as well, and Jen gave me this awesome Mother's Day gift. . .
She knows me well.
I mean, seriously, how cute!! "Mommy's Sippy Cup!" I love it, love it, love it! I have used it the last two days straight! And, I begin my mornings sipping it and holding cute little red-headed boys. But, once they begin to get up and play, I grab my Bible and this workbook. . . .
and head to my favorite chair at the bar. I sip my coffee and do this wonderful study! I love it because I like to talk a lot, and I don't mean just to others. I do a whole lot of talking to myself. And, I don't talk quite as kindly to myself as I do to my friends. So, I am in desperate need of a thought closet makeover!
And, when I glance up from my Bible study, I see this new frame that I bought with a picture of four of my favorite little people!
And, speaking of those four little people. . .
I have a new favorite book to read to them!
It is a take-off of Goodnight Moon. And, it is perfect for our family because the Big Easy will always have a very special place in our hearts.
And, these are a few of my new favorite things!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
And, on the other hand, I am going through a kind of funny stage right now.
This summer Erik Daniel has taken over the baby swing, and Elijah has upgraded to a big boy swing. And, he is oh, so proud of himself!!! Can you tell??
Monday, June 15, 2009
The video above is of the rehearsal LuAnne did with the kiddos right before the service. I love that you can hear her voice at the beginning! Erik focused on Afton and JCT as he videoed this song. But, if you look closely you can see Lij on the other side of Afton. He stayed on stage for rehearsal, but he decided he didn't like being front and center when the room filled with people. So, he sat on his sweet teacher Miss Lauren's lap during the actual performance. In the video below, I start out videoing Afton and JCT, then move over to sweet Joshua, and then scan over a little further to Miss Lauren and Lijah.
Mr. Ken and Mrs. Diane, I know this is no replacement for actually getting to be here, but I hope it helps!!!!! :-) Hope you enjoy it!! Love you both!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
During. . .
And, after. . .
He plays hard.
Wow. I keep catching glimpses of him around the house and for a second, just a quick little second, I see him as a teenager one day. It is the strangest thing. He went into Kindergarten a little boy and came out a little man. Yikes!
Joshua wakes up biting at the bit to get outside. And, his new thing is wanting to "play football." He asked me to take these posed pictures of him. . .
In this one. . .he has just finished begging his little brother (the one pictured) to play football with him. But, Brett Favre didn't even respond to his request. He opted to continue hanging upside down on the swing. . .
No worries, Joshua had an alternate plan. . .
He just went on down the line. . . And, this little man would do just about anything big brother Joshua asked him to do. . .
Joshua has a bit of an unfair advantage playing with Elijah, but Elijah is just happy to be included in the game!
of defeat. . .
Mommy beat him again. Erik told me not to let him win, so I don't. One of his favorite things to do is race around the track he created in our front yard. One of his least favorite things to do is lose. I keep telling him that one of these days he is going to beat the socks off of me, and I will be so happy when he does! I may just bake him cupcakes on that gloriously victorious day. I told him he was very close to beating me, and that by this time next year he would most likely have beaten me. But, that didn't help. I might as well have told him that it would be sometime in the next century!
Saturday, June 06, 2009
The kiddos enjoyed mechanical bull riding. . .
Joshua. . .
JCT. . . And, sweet Afton. . .
I love that little girl, and I always tell her mother that she reminds me of a butterfly ~ the way she flits and flutters and dances around on her toes. . . And, last night, ironically, she had a butterfly painted on her cheek! That made me smile!
Me and one of my favorite hometown heroes. . .
After several bounce houses and obstacle courses, the boys discovered boxing and talked Brother into letting them try it!
Joshua, you are supposed to punch the bag, baby, not Brother!!!!!
Who knew a punching bag could be so much fun! We may have to invest in one of these!
Friday, June 05, 2009
Complete with stapled on tissue for her covers! I love that little creative boy!
And, he would want me to point out to you that if you lift up her covers, you can see her feet. . .
He is proud of that!
Anyway, I thought I'd add a picture that JCT drew of Pop just for fun!
Thanks again for your prayers! We are seeing little miracles every week!
Thursday, June 04, 2009
Tuesday, June 02, 2009
I think they kinda like you, little man.
One thing is for sure. . .
Being the fourth boy, you will be one. tough. cookie.
I love you so much!
Can't wait to see what this month will bring. . . and the next. . . and the next!