Thursday, May 05, 2011

The Dry Days. . .

I'm tired.


It has been a month, and everyone tells me sweet and wonderful things...

"You're amazing!"
"I don't know how you do it!"
"You don't look like you've just had a baby!"
"I think you must be made to have children!"

And, some days I feel it.  I feel amazing and energetic and full of life and all that He offers me through it.

But, today I'm tired.  I feel worn.  Tears are just a few blinks away.

God is so good, and I am so tired.

He is still good when I am tired.

He is so very good when I feel worn, ragged, old, and grumpy.

His grace is enough for days when I just can't do it.

His grace fills me when my cup is empty.

And, in these times when I am tired, worn, and much too hard on myself, it is then that He reminds me that He is all I need.

I need to catch my breath...

And, He is my Breath, my Life, the only Thing that fills my cup on the dry days...

and the long nights...

When I sit on that couch holding my sweet infant and the sun is still tucked far away, I can know that I am not alone and...

He is enough, more than enough.

Only He can make dry days bloom beauty and joy and peace amidst the tired, the weak, and the overwhelmed!

Because one thing is for sure, when you have five kiddos and you are tired, weary, and worn, life does not stop for you!!  So, press on!!  If only they would wear the same clothes for a week and let me get caught up on laundry!  Ha!

Pictures from April. . .


I love to be outdoors in spring.  The yard, the woods, they come alive in spring ~ all the colors and smells.  I could breath honeysuckle all year long!! :-)


He appears to be so worried. It is hard to be a baby, so, so hard!! :-)


Best friends.


Sweetness.


Precious.

Fresh air.


 Beauty.


 Love.


My Jack.

He is strength for this weary mama, and His grace, thankfully, fills my gaps.  

I am so thankful.

O, my Strength, I sing praise to you;
You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.
Psalm 59:17

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Beautiful. I love that you acknowledge the difficulty of being the Momma, but instead of complaining, always turn to God and rely on His strength.

Roan said...

The picture of Jack's feet is my favorite! I love those little baby nightgowns!

Hang in there! You can do it. I know that feeling of complete and utter fatigue. It will pass. Just keep on keeping on. Lower your expectations. Hug and kiss everyone, keep smiling, and then cry also if it will make you feel better.

My sister in law bought me a shirt that says, "I am losing my mind an nobody cares!" Perfect. I think I will wear it today! And I will think of you and pray for you today.

I hope your day goes well, and if it does not, just rest in your Father's love, and know that this is His plan for you right now.

Enjoy!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved