Sunday, December 16, 2007

Just for the record. . .

The other day as Joshua and JCT were sitting side by side on the bench at our kitchen table eating their lunches JCT leaned over to kiss Joshua on the cheek. Joshua swiftly dodged his kiss and said, "You can't marry me!"

I stepped in, "Just because he wants to give you a kiss doesn't mean he wants to marry you. He is just being sweet and giving you some lovin'!"

Joshua, ignoring my comment said, "You can't marry me, JCT. I am going to marry Afton or Peyton (one of his sweet cousins) or (and this is the best part) whoever Mommy wants me to marry."

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!!!!!

Can I have that in writing please?

Just kidding, but I am keeping this in the family records - just in case I need to pull it out one day twenty some odd years from now!!

On a serious note, if Joshua's sweet wife reads this one day, I want her to know that even before Joshua was born, I began praying for her! And, we will love her to pieces - no doubt!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

I love that! I'm already praying for my son (who's 4) a wonderful wife! He's apparently already dreaming too because he says he can't wait to have a wife to kiss! Wow! The boy really is a sensitive old soul (& sounds like he might be a little bit romantic one day too!) No doubt, this girl will be blessed to be loved by him!

Jennifer said...

Precious! And thanks for your comment on Monday's post. It was very, very thoughtprovoking..It really summed the issue up! (and provided a lot of direction in another thing I am mulling right now re: schools)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved