Friday, July 11, 2008

Utter Distress. . .

What, I ask you, could cause a happy baby boy to become so overwhelmingly unhappy. . .




so distressed. . . so angry. . .




so downright volatile. . .




And, yet all the while he is screaming, his mother is giggling and taking pictures?

Well, I'll tell you. . .

I took the hot, freshly baked cookies out of the oven. And, silly mama, I thought we should let them cool before we eat them. He obviously did not agree. . .

He screamed, cried, yelled, hollared, tears everywhere from the time he saw me take them out of the oven until the time I handed him a cookie. The boy loves chocolate chip cookies!

But, who can blame him?

As Deana B. said when I told her the story later that afternoon, "He is a man after my own heart."




I think I'm going to start calling him "Cookie Monster."

4 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

This is so true about Deana B. She does love her chocolate chip cookies. I think Lijah's momma loves them too, especially with a cup of Bifferdoodle! Elijah has grown so much and changed so much since we saw him back in the fall. What a sweet boy he is! He's just really serious when it comes to a chocolate chip cookie, but who could blame him! To see pictures of your boys shedding tears is heart wrenching! love you guys!

HW said...

I also behave this way when the cookies are too hot.

Oh, and when I can't get the Krispy Kreme box open fast enough.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Oh my...that is the cutest temper tantrum I've ever seen:).

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

ohhh that is priceless. I so understand. He is darling.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved