Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mugs, Muffins, and One Beautiful Fence!


I am missing you today my sweet, sweet husband. I didn't even make coffee this morning because I knew that I wouldn't have you home with me to share a cup. Remember the days when we sat on the back porch of our Georgia home sipping orange juice and eating french toast at 10 in the morning? Those days are long gone. . . Now we are sipping coffee and munching on muffins at 7 a.m. while we stand across the kitchen from each other discussing our plans for the day. "I'll watch the boys in the morning and let you work if you'll watch them this afternoon and let me run errands. . ." We are in a different stage of life now, Baby! And, although it may be increasingly busyer and certainly more complicated, it is wonderful and exciting and full to overflowing. We have truly been blessed. What a life!


And, here is a picture of what you looked like most mornings of your vacation ~ thanks to our darling little early risers!



I know that your "vacation" was short and full of work, but I want you to know that I enjoyed the extra time with you ~ even if I spent most of it watching you from the window. I love you so much. And, one of my favorite of your many attributes is that you are a hard, hard, hard worker. You give 100% to everything you do. I love that even though you may have had to give in and hire someone to move those huge piles of dirt for you, you were out there sweating and working alongside them. They drove the excavator and you spread the dirt with a rake. You never sit inside and watch others work. No, you get out there and get dirty and sweaty right along with them. I love that about you!


And, the fence you built around our AC unit is beautiful! I love it!






So, until the weekend, sweet love, give your muscles a break and let your brain do its share of the work! I love you, and I am ready for Friday afternoon when I can have you home with me again!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Ah, that is just so sweet! Makes me want to go hug my man. :-)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved