Wednesday, October 08, 2008

First Kiss

This post is for later use. . .

When Joshua's future wife asks him who his first kiss was with. . .

Let's just call her Cutie C to protect her privacy. . .

Joshua still claims that Princess M is his "girlfriend." But, if you ask him who Princess M's boyfriend is, he will tell you it is Jack. And, for some strange reason, this doesn't seem to bother Joshua in the least.

At our school's open house the other night, we got to see some of the children's work that they have been keeping at school. One of these things was a booklet of favorite things. There was a page where the children were asked to draw a picture of their best friend. I held my breath fearing Joshua would draw Princess M. But, thankfully, his best friend had short hair. And, though, Mrs. W was convinced the picture was of Eli, Joshua disagreed saying it was his friend Reed. Either way it was not Princess M, and I was more than satisfied. As I was walking around admiring the children's artwork and enjoying the baked apples the children made earlier that day for us to eat, Cutie C's mom came up to me laughing. Smiling she said, "Look, Cutie C drew Joshua as her best friend!" And, sure enough, her picture was unmistakably Joshua ~ a little boy. . . with red hair. It was so adorable that I wished I could ask Cutie C's mom if I could keep it!!!!

Fast forward to Joshua and my bedtime conversation last night. . .

M: "So, who did you play with on the playground today?"
J: "Jack and Eli. We were running away from those girls." (look of disgust on his face)
M: "Why?"
J (with wide eyes): "So they wouldn't kiss us!!!"
M: "Kiss you, excuse me, what did you say? You didn't kiss anybody did you?"
J (instant blush and sheepish grin): "Well, Cutie C kissed me. . ."
M (horrified): "What!!! You let Cutie C kiss you! Where did she kiss you?"
J (silly grin getting bigger as he pointed to his lips!)
M (even more horrified gasped): "Joshuaaaa!"
J: "And, Princess M tried to kiss Jack, but he ran away. . ."
M: "Why didn't you run away from Cutie C, Joshua?"
J: "Well, she came at me from behind. . ."
M: "What did you do when she kissed you?"
J: "I hit her!"
M: "You hit her? You hit a girl. We don't hit ~ especially girls!"
J: "But, she kissed me, and I didn't mean to hit her I just did it before I thought about it. Then, we ran away so they couldn't kiss us anymore! But, Anna Belle told Mrs. M that I hit Cutie C. But, I told Mrs. M, 'Well, she kissed me!'"
M: "What did Mrs. M say?"
J: "She said, 'Joshua, no hitting and Cutie C no kissing.'" (This statement made me laugh!)
M: "Did you hurt Cutie C when you hit her? Did she cry?"
J: "No, I didn't hurt her. I just. . ." Then, he showed me how he backhanded her.
M: "Remember how she drew you as her friend?"
J: "Yeah, well, she's not my friend anymore. I don't even want to be friends with her anymore after she kissed me like that!!!!!"

And, thus, we have it. . . my oldest son's first kiss. . . against his will. . . on the playground. . . in kindergarten.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I remember hitting a boy in the third grade because he tried to kiss me. Then he hit me back. So much for young love!

And thank you again for your thoughtful text message yesterday! It went great, and I am GLAD it's over!! :)

HW said...

Never fear. Many children get their first kiss in kindergarten. My daughter didn't, but only because Logan couldn't catch her. Logan was pretty famous for kissing girls. One time our daughter said "That Logan....he'll kiss anybody."
Of course by third grade, Logan, was the "cutest boy in the WHOLE third grade."

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Very cute! It seems like just yesterday, my oldest was running from the girls on the Kindergarten playground. Now, he's in High School! How fast the time goes...it's good to cherish every delightful moment.

God Bless,
Kelly
http://sufficientgrace-kelly.blogspot.com


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved