Friday, October 10, 2008

The Middle Men

#1 Middle Man. . .

JCT

JCT is my witty little man! He is so funny ~ mostly when he isn't trying to be! He is charming, warm, and comfortable in his own skin, and I love him for it! These pics were taken of him at Deana B's house the other day. She kept him while I went to a doctor's appointment, and he amused himself (& Deana B) in Afton's dress up clothes! What a little wonder he is!

The other day Erik was disciplining him in the kitchen over something I can't even remember what it was, and he wouldn't look Erik in the eyes. Erik was kneeling down on JCT's level trying to get his attention ~ their faces less than a foot apart. I kept hearing Erik say, "Son, look me in the eyes when I am talking to you!" Finally after JCT made several attempts to escape his Daddy, Erik said, "Why will you not look me in the face?" And, this was JCT's exasperated response. . .
"I don't like the way your breath smells!!!!"
And, while we are on the subject of smelling breath. . .
Erik gave JCT gum for the first time the other day. Before giving it to JCT, he repeatedly told him, "Do not swallow it. Chew it, but do not swallow it." JCT promised that he wouldn't swallow it, so Erik gave him half a piece of peppermint gum. JCT chewed it for a moment, then exhaled a large breath in Erik's face and said, "Smell my breath! Doesn't it smell good. . . Ahhhhhhh. . . Spicy!!" Followed a few moments later by these words. . .
"Oops, I ate it!"
I love that little guy!
#2 Middle Man
Elijah
Now, you want to talk about a funny little man, Elijah is a funny little man! He is unlike either of his older brothers. He is more rough, more opinionated, and more fiery. If he asks for juice, and I give him juice, but he really meant to ask for milk, the juice cup becomes an instant projectile. He throws EVERYTHING! If I get on to him, he hits or throws the nearest object. He has a bit of a little temper that I am praying over daily! He thinks that going to the corner is the greatest thing ever! It makes him feel big ~ like his big brothers who spend a good bit of time there!
All in all, he is one of our happiest children! He smiles, he laughs, he has a blast at everything he does! He keeps up with his big brothers the best that he can. If one of them is in his way, he simply grunts and pushes him out of his way! He is something! I have a feeling that he is going to give me a run for my money when he turns two ~ or maybe sooner!
I can honestly say that more than his older brothers, he loves to be read to. He would let me read him books all day! He loves to tell me animal noises and sing his version of the ABC's.
But, the funniest thing about my little 17 month old is his affection for spoons. He loves spoons! He has a spoon in his hand at all times. His favorite is a rubber ended Gerber Toddler Spoon. He shoots baskets with a spoon in his hand, draws with crayons with a spoon in his hand, you name it, the spoon rarely leaves his grip. Joshua did a similar thing with a little green shovel. I love the little things they do that set them apart!! Maybe he will be a famous chef one day! Who knows!!
They are funny little guys, my middle men, and I love them dearly!!

1 comment:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Loved these stories, they are both adorable


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved