Friday, October 24, 2008

A Glimpse Into This Week. . .

I think it is so funny that some of you commented on my accent. Glad to know that the good old southern drawl is intact, but I don't hear it myself. I'll just have to take your word for it!!! I think I sound perfectly normal, but, of course, that is because I sound like everyone around me! Oh, and if you think that I sound southern, just wait until I post a home video of my sons. . . With them every word has at least two syllables!! Very funny and cute!

In other news, I made these cookies for JCT's preschool class.



The inspiration behind these cookies was my need to rid our home of the leftover icing from the footballs that I made for Joshua's class. But, there was still a good bit of icing left after I made the autumn leaf cookies, so yesterday on the way home from picking Joshua up, I announced from the front of the van that we were going to make cupcakes when we got home!! Of all my children Elijah was the most excited. Over and over the rest of the ride home, he said, "Iwannnna cuck-cake! I wanna cuck-cake! Wanna cuck-cake!"


Then, today, I made the mistake of putting the "cuck-cakes" on the edge of the counter. And, when I came out of the laundry room after folding a load of clothes, I saw this little man standing in my kitchen with a huge grin. . .





He just decided to help himself! How can you not smile at that sweet fact! I could eat him up, I tell you, I could eat him up!!!


My biggest dilema, at present, is that Joshua's class is going on a field trip to the pumpkin patch on the same day and at the same time as JCT's preschool's "Fall Party" where they dress up and play games and parents are to be part of the fun! Parents, of course, are also invited to go with the kindergarteners to the pumpkin patch.

This is quite troubling. . . I guess because my mother was present at every event of my entire school career that parents were invited to be a part of. . . everything from chaparoning a trip to Washington D.C. to sneaking cheese dip to one of the side doors of my old high school so that my Chemistry 2 class could have a little treat! She was always a part of everything, and I want to support my boys in the same way! I simply wish that I could do both things, but that is impossible, so I am forced to choose between them. Ugghh.

I, also, took the time this week to figure out how to watch the videoes from my Sony Share Cam on the computer. I think that I have had the camera for a year now. I am a sad case, I tell you. Anyway, watching old home movies has proven to be great afterschool entertainment for my boys!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I have been torn between two classes before! That is tough!

I would have probably gone with the field trip because it seems that those are really getting few and far between (at least around here). They do party quite a bit through those elementary school years :)

Still a tough choice, though!

Your cookies look yummy but I am not sure if I would have baked more or just eaten the icing by itself!

But I have serious icing addiction :)

KirkKrew said...

I think I'm commenting here for the first time, but I just can't believe the E is talking! I've follwed you since before he was born - it seems like he should still be a baby. Anyway - your boys are precious!!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved