Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Card 2008 Attempts. . .

Last week we spent a few minutes attempting to get that perfect shot for our Christmas cards. We bundled the boys up and headed outside. And, these are the results. . .

This one is okay, but Lijah looks so sad. . .


We started out fresh and ready. . . But, after a while we started to get frustrated because it never failed ~ someone would look away or get upset or not want to sit still. Can you feel the frustration brewing. . .


But, after a few more takes the frustration turned to giggles. . .


and, then to downright silliness. . .


All in all it was fun, and Rain did awesome!! Good boy!


I think this picture best represents our family right now in our present state of transition from the chaos of three children to the insane wildness of four! Notice Erik Daniel. . .

And, this is, in my humble opinion, our best effort. . .


Merry Christmas, Friends, from our cozy home to yours!!

9 comments:

picturesofhisgrace said...

My dear sweet friend I feel your pain. I get a little apprehensive when I know it's time to take pics of the kids or a family photo. I think once you get past two kids, it's a very difficult process. If there's a drop of sunshine in Hannah's eyes, she has definite issues keeping her eyes open. I love these pics of your family. The boys are growing up so fast. Rain did a great job. I would never dream of putting Fudge in the family photo. Too crazy! Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Love you!

Deidre said...

I love them all - especially the ones that show 'real life'. Props to you for even attempting it. They all look great ;)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

THey are all so precious---I bet that the crazy ones will be the ones most cherished in 20 years.

Sunshine said...

OH these are SO precious. I know how frustrating that is - we have three girls and a dog - it is almost impossible to get them all in one place let alone looking in one direction - so I cannot imagine having a baby too - but you all make it look SO easy and wonderful! Merry Christmas - you are SUCH an inspiration to my heart - you have such a precious family! Sunshine

Jenny said...

Love it! Especially the one with Erik Daniel's little hat slipping over his eyes. They're all great! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Maryl852 said...

I think they are beautiful pictures!!

In this picture Erik Daniel and Elijah look a lot alike and Joshua and James look alike also! They are soo cute!! =)

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Love it...we're making our Christmas Picture Attempt 2008 tomorrow after church...Pray for us!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

So very happy that we're not the only family that has portraits turn out like those. =)

But I do love the final one, such a beautiful family!

Kathy said...

Absolutely beautiful family..

Your pictures made me smile!

Many blessings!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved