Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Seasoned Father. . .

When I fell in love with him, a few of the things that made me weak were. . .



* the sound of his deep southern voice

* the freckles on his nose

* his calm, steady, and unshakable demeanor

* his broad strong shoulders and tall slender build



But, now all that has changed (although I do still find him very attractive :-)). Now the things that make me weak are. . .



* his big strong hands holding our baby's sweet head ~ protected & secure







* watching him lean over Joshua, teaching him how to hold a baseball bat or shoot a basketball.

* the fact that he is unafraid, untainted by the smell of a nasty diaper. He never runs and hides or even waits on me ~ he takes it upon himself to clean up the little stinky man.

* watching him make silly faces and talk baby talk to our infant







* watching him race Joshua across the yard

* or cuddle up with JCT for a long winter's nap





He is a seasoned father. He has (we both have) been broken in by these little ones. We have been stretched and have grown more selfless with each new child that God has given us. He is a seasoned father, and I love him all the more for it. . .





These little guys have taken our love to a new level. . .



It isn't flowery and silly. It isn't gooey and showy.



It is strong, steadfast, and secure. We don't have to talk about everything anymore. Some things we just know now ~ from the look in our eyes or the touch of our hands.



We don't think much about trying to impress each other anymore, trying to look our best or say the right things. Our love is confident and comfortable.



And, yet I still get butterflies from one glance into the eyes of this sweet seasoned Daddy. . .



1 comment:

HW said...

Oh so beautiful.

I've often said, there is nothing my attractive than a completely comfortable hands on dad.

Ok,I'll admit it. With my husband I say "nothing is more sexy to me than seeing you interact with our children."


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved