Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Monumental Moment & a Wonderful Day. . .

This little one was by far the cutest part of my day. . .





We are sick. We are all sick. Erik started himself on antibiotics today. Elijah is already on them. We are all coughing and sneezing, but we couldn't stay inside all day ~ no way!


I can't tell you how much I am enjoying having Joshua home from kindergarten and JCT home from preschool! We are having fun days, lots of fun, fun days. Today we did several fun things, but I must say that something monumental happened to me in the kitchen in the middle of the day today.


May I begin by saying that I did not put on make up today. I never do not put on make up. It like never happens. But, today it did. My counters are covered, completely covered, in post Christmas clutter. Where do I put all the new things?? For now their home is on my kitchen counters, and I don't like that plan, but I don't really have the time or energy to change that right now.


So, anyway, in the middle of the day today, I am leaning against my kitchen cabinets eating leftover cold salmon from dinner last night. I am surveying the mass chaos which surrounds me, and something, somewhere deep inside of me uttered this funny little phrase, "I'm letting it go." I was so surprised to hear something like that come from within me that I asked myself, "Did you just say that? Do you know that if you let go this chaos may just overtake you? You may find yourself in a clutter, dust, dirt filled hole that you will never, ever, be able to dig yourself out of? If you let go, what will become of your home? You can't! Don't do it!" But, the voice from deep within me persisted, "I'm letting it go." And, that was that. The decision was made. I was going to play and forget all about my counters, my crazy dining room, my out of sorts bedroom, the baskets of clean laundry piled up to my ears. . .


I decided to play.


So, that is exactly what I did.


Beginning with the fun little clown ice cream cones we made. . .


First we made homemade ice cream, then we whipped up some icing, and after that I let my little chefs decorate their very own clown. Well, I decorated Lijah's. . .





Decorating. . .





And, enjoying. . .






Then, we bundled up, and went outside to play which was very fun! When I saw how cute this little guy looked, I had to run up to the house to get the camera!



Elijah has learned to climb the ladder on the side of our swing set, so watch out world here he comes!! Joshua and JCT took turns catching him as he came down the slide!!



He loves to slide! His little sweet sick boy face lit up each time he went down!


Going down together. . .


But, it wasn't just the ladder & slide that Elijah got to experience for the first time. He is finally old enough to sit still on the tire swing. . .

And, he even swung on a big boy swing today!! Mostly this was not by choice, but because a cute little blue bundle was in his baby swing!!! All in all, I think he enjoyed his little upgrade!


Big brothers pushing little brothers! I love it ~ warms my heart!

And, as I type this, my counters are still covered. But, it was worth it. I do believe that it was worth it. In fact, I may just do it again tomorrow. . .

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

You have the absolute most precious Momma's heart. Thank you for sharing your sweet family with us - I enjoy coming here to read about your day to day life. May God bless you this New Year and hope you all are feeling better soon. Sunshine

Christi said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Happy New Year!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved