Thursday, May 06, 2010

The little man is growing up! This week we, as a family, experienced Joshua's very first coach-pitch baseball game, and it was a very fun ordeal!! Joshua loved it, and JCT is more excited than ever about the beginning of his t-ball season!! This summer, for the first time, we will be juggling sports activities for two children!! Thankfully, we live in a small town with one very large park that hosts all of the city's baseball games including the high school and jr. college games! So, even if the boys have games at the same time, at least they will be at the same location!!

Now, on to some important pictures from this momentous occasion!! Here is the little man in the outfield, (he is the little boy in the center). . .Here he is hitting. . .

Now, running to first ~ "Go, Joshua, go!!! Run, run, run!!!!!!". . .
On third, waiting for a chance to run home. . .


Coming home for the first time in his little career. . .


I was a little concerned about Joshua playing baseball this summer. For starters he just turned 7, so he is as young as one can be and play in the league he is in. And, that kind of makes mama nervous! And, also, Erik and Sean are coaching JCT and Afton's t-ball team, so for the very first time in his life, his Daddy is not his coach. Yikes!! We skipped baseball last year, so not only is Joshua the youngest kid on his team, but he also has less experience playing the game than all the other boys.

So, months ago I began praying that God would give him a sweet and encouraging coach who would help him learn the game and catch up with the bigger boys. I was so afraid that he would get a coach who was more interested in winning than in teaching my little man to his best!

And, guess what? God is so good! He gave Joshua a great head coach!!! In fact, his first time up to bat, Joshua swung at and missed his first two pitches. Thankfully, he hit his third!! But, after each of his first two attempts, his sweet coach encouraged him from the pitcher's mound, "Good swing, Buddy!! That was a great swing! Now, keep your eye on the ball! Here we go. . ." I can't tell you what a relief his coach's attitude was to me!!!! And, they have played two games so far and won them both! Go Cardinals!!!!!

Now, here are some behind the scenes pics from the game. . .

How cute is this little darling. . .


Here are some cute little boys getting some love from "Nana Betty". . .

This is a good friend of ours, Mrs. Wendy's, mama, and she loves my boys. She and "Papa Don" have the boys over to their home for ice cream and coke and all sorts of good treats! We are thankful for how they love our boys. . .

And, one last look at the little baseball player. . .


The boys are really enjoying baseball season! JCT keeps asking when he gets to go to t-ball practice again. And, the little boys enjoy running ALL OVER the park chasing dogs and other children, etc. during games and practices. I am getting a workout, I assure you!! Thankfully, inevitably, someone will stop me from chasing one of my littles and let me know that Joshua is up to bat!!!
It will be a crazy summer, but I wouldn't have it any other way! And, I am thankful that while I watch my sweet boys play, I get to hang out with some of my very favorite people from my little town. And, I am thankful that people in small towns tend to have the "it takes a village" mentality. And, there are lots of eyes helping me look out for my littles and lots of arms that hold them and lots of sweet older couples who don't mind at all if my little boys want to make friends with them and distract them from watching their grandchildren!!!
It should be a fun summer!

No comments:


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved