Monday, September 04, 2006

Boy Mama


Hallalujah, Praise the Lord!! I got a picture to appear on my blog!!! As I have mentioned in a previous blog, I am NOT very computer savvy!! So, this is an amazing accomplishment for me!!

This picture is of my first born, my darling Joshua. I find myself calling him exactly that, "my Joshua." He is mine, and I adore him! This is the son who sang, "Applesauce, Applesauce where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away." (Baby praise post) And, yes, this is the son who felt sorry for me because I do not have a "poe poe."

When I played house, as a little girl, I always had girl baby dolls. I guess I always assumed that I would one day have a house full of girls. I have always been a "girly girl." I have never played sports. I can run distance, but anything that requires an ounce of coordiantion is way out of my league. So, when we found out that our first born was going to be a boy, I had to wonder why God would choose to make me a "boy mama." I wouldn't know what to do with a boy!! After the ultrasound revealed that my baby had a "poe poe," I called my mom. I remember saying, "Mom, what will I do? There isn't a boy bone in my body." To which she quickly replied, "Yes there is. Actually there are around 200 boy bones in your body right now!!"

And, now a little over 3 years later, I wonder what I would do without this precious boy in my life!! I never imagined that I could love someone so deeply. He has changed the way I see myself. I now get dirty and sweaty nearly every afternoon. Without him I would never have known what it is like to dance in a mud puddle while the rain falls on my face. I would never have known how to tackle or shoot baskets, or play with tractors and trains!! We work very hard at our play!! And, I am learning so much about myself through this little boy! I am so thankful that God knows better than we do exactly what we need. Thank You, Lord, for knowing me better than I know myself. And, thank You for the blessing of my Joshua!

12 comments:

Linda said...

Erin,
Doen't God do the neatest things? I had two little boys and now two precious grandsons. I just love boys. They are so straightforward. Nothing complicated there. What you see is what you get!! I'm like you - a girly girl, and boys are just so much fun.
Of course my daughter and granddaughters are absolutely precious to me too. Boys are just a whole "nother" thing.

Sarah said...

Boys are the best! (I'm sure girls are, too, but their toys aren't nearly as fun!!) I love that we're "boy mamas" together:) So what do you think; is #3 a boy, too, or are tiaras and feather boas in your future??

Paula said...

I have to agree 100%. When we were going in to see if Colton was a boy or girl, I just KNEW it was a girl. Thank God he wasn't. Colton is so much fun. Now I couldn't imagine a girl. He is great. I have heard, there is nothing else like a mamma's boy. I AGREE!!

Sarah said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention that he is SO handsome! What a beautiful little boy:) (Don't tell Erik I called his son "beautiful," but you know what I mean!)

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous photo! I started out as the Mom of a girl then God blessed me with two little men and boy how they have stretched me and made me grow...I can't imagine what the path ahead holds. Great post.

FreddieGirl said...

Your son is gorgeous! Although I have no kids of my own, I do have two precious nephews. And my sister's expecting her third son. She says the best part of being a "boy mama" is teaching them how to be good husbands. She loves showing them how to respect and value women as much as they respect and value men.

Miss Notesy said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I just started too.

Kids sure are the best thing aren't they? ;-)

Wendy said...

What a great picture! I love that our oldest is a boy. I grew up w/3 younger sisters and wasn't sure what to do w/a boy, but it has been great learning and seeing the differences.

Wendy said...

What a great picture! I love that our oldest is a boy. I grew up w/3 younger sisters and wasn't sure what to do w/a boy, but it has been great learning and seeing the differences.

Donnetta said...

Sweet post about your darling boy!

Girl Raised in the South said...

My one son was baby #3, and even though I grew up with 4 brothers, having a son is a different experience. He wore me out, made me crazy, created laundry out the wazoo - but man am I crazy about him. He was funniest at those moments when I would sit and consider giving him away on the nearest street corner. God was smart that way. I am still completely crazy about my 150% boy.

This Journey of Mine said...

He is just so adorable. And I agree with you on the whole boy thing. I have two of them and wouldn't give them up for anything!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved