Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Scrapbook of Sorts. . .

Oh, me! Where to begin?? We have been having some technical difficults at our home! Due to a mix-up with our internet provider, we have been without internet access for over a week!! But, thankfully we have gotten it all worked out - or so we hope!!!

Oh, and the chocolate cobbler that you all asked about. . . I didn't make it - sorry to disappoint! A drug rep brought it to Erik's office with lunch, and Erik (my darling husband) brought some home to me!! It was good, very good.

Being without internet for a week made me realize how much blogging has become a part of my life. I missed reading my favorite blogs - catching up on all the sweet families that I have come to know and love. I hated that I wasn't able to post my boy's birthday pictures for my parents (who were unable to be at their party) to see. But, mostly I missed being able to journal my life. This blog has become a scrapbook of sorts for me. I love to scrapbook, but I have always been unable to stay current. And, that has always been a huge frustration for me. When Sarah introduced me to blogging, I had no idea how much I would love it, how much I would need it!
For the first time since my sweet Joshua was born, I feel content that I am not forgetting things. I am capturing the cute stories when they are fresh on my mind. I print out all my posts and keep them in a notebook. And, this notebook is my little scrapbook of sorts. Suddenly I don't feel so guilty about the fact that my real scrapbooks are a wee bit behind - because the stories aren't lost. I have captured them as they have happened - a snapshot of these wonderful days - hard times, good times, and lessons God is teaching me. I love it! I am so thankful for this little hobby!

On that note, today the boys had the great privilege of meeting 2 of their favorite cartoon characters. We are huge Veggietales fans!! Joshua's 2nd and 3rd birthday parties were veggietale themed! I got quite good at making Bob and Larry cakes and Junior and Jimmy and Jerry. . . Anyway, today we went to "Bob and Larry's house" as Joshua calls Lifeway, and the boys met the beloved tomato and cucumber! They were so excited!!

12 comments:

Donnetta said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you're back! I too enjoy capturing moment in blogging that might have otherwise passed on by without a second thought. A year later I am still amazed at this "blogging world" out here.

How fun the boys met Bob and Larry!! A meeting I'm sure they will not soon forget.

(FYI, you're pictures are still coming across sideways. I enjoy seeing them that way than not at all... just thought you might want to know in case it shows differently on your computer somehow.) :-)

Good to have you back...

Sara said...

Yeah!!! Your internet is back on. I have missed your posts. Don't forget to show me the boys birthday cakes. Hope your time with your mom was fun..I'm sure it was. love you.

Kim said...

I've missed you,Erin! So glad you are back!

Kim

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Good to know all is well there. I had visions of house problems from the remodel. (Guess I shouldn't automatically assume something bad)Or just a terribly hectic week. Anyway, glad you are back. And your description of blogging is the perfect explanation for my own feelings about it as well. I only wish I had had it to rely on when my kiddos were in those cute phrase phases. :( But at least I'll remember all the good stuff from now on! BTW, the pics are so cute.

Sarah said...

You're back! I missed you :)

And I love the boys' matching VT shirts--I'll have to show Caiden them; he'll be very impressed!

I'm sending you a hug from TX :)

Jennifer said...

You have definitely been missed. Welcome back!

Linda said...

Wow - they are so lucky. I would love to meet Bob and Larry. Seriously Erin, I'm so glad for grandchildren or I would have missed the whole Veggie-tales adventure. I just love those guys. I admit to being envious of the creators. Wouldn't it be great fun to work on those videos?
Glad you're back. I had internet/computer problems. I just want them to work!!! Surely that isn't asking too much :-)

Deidre said...

I've missed you so much, Erin. I just thought you were busy putting your house back together.

I love the pictures, and love those shirts!

Kelly said...

So glad you are back in the blogosphere. I have missed your reflective posts!

Mrs. C said...

Glad to hear you're back. I've missed reading the moments you capture in your family!

How fun for your boys to "meet" Bob and Larry!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I have missed you! I'm glad you're back. I loved this post, I found myself nodding my head with each sentence. One, blogging is the exact same thing to me too. I love that I'm able to journal my life online. And secondly, my daughter LOVES VeggieTales and would shriek with delight if she ever got the change to meet them!

Anonymous said...

I have only recently started reading your blog, but even so I have noticed you hadn't blogged lately and missed reading your posts! Gld your internet is back on..


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved