Thursday, August 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sweet Afton




Since she was in her mother's womb, every night we have prayed for "sweet baby Afton." It has only been in the last few months that we have dropped the "baby" part. Now she is our "sweet Afton."

And, sweet she is.

She is a special little girl, and we love her very much.

I'll never forget meeting Afton for the first time. She was only a day or so old, precious, tiny, and dressed in pink. As Deana held her close, I leaned over sweet baby Afton and said, "She is so sweet. She makes me want a little girl. . ."

And, I will never forget what Deana said to me. . .

"You virtually have one now. . ."

That meant the world to me. . .

as do Afton and her parents!

So, today, her 2nd birthday, the boys surprised sweet Afton with flowers. We played a little bit and then went out for Mexican food! Is there a better way to celebrate a birthday than over cheese dip? I think not.




Happy Birthday, sweet Afton!

We love you!


5 comments:

Wendy said...

Ahhh, what sweet boys!

Michelle said...

How sweet! What little gentlemen, to bring flowers to a lady on her birthday.

picturesofhisgrace said...

Afton is blessed to have three boys looking after her. Especially your three. She's so beautiful and has grown up so much. I miss her and her parents. Wish we could have been there to eat cheese dip. I have three that would have enjoyed it as well. Love you guys!--Karen

Kim said...

That is just too sweet...flowers hand delivered by 2 handsome boys! Awww...what a blessed little girl! Happy B-day Afton.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Too cute! I LOVE the picture with the flowers behind their backs. Too sweet. And to have a friendship like that, what a blessing indeed!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved