Saturday, August 04, 2007

He's the one!!

You know how every family has one. One child who does all things crazy. You had one in your family. One sibling that tried to pull all the off the wall stunts. The one that when your family gets together at Christmas or Thanksgiving and reminisces about the good old days all the stories seem to revolve around the antics of this one child.

In my family it was my brother, Kelly. Oh, yes, no doubt about it, Kelly was the one, the one and only one. From nearly catching the neighbor's house on fire while playing with matches in their yard to riding his Big Wheel down the middle of a busy street in Phoenix, AZ while cars lined up honking behind him, he was our family's main character. I say that because he is the main character in all of my favorite stories from childhood. He adds a splash of bright color to our family. And, we wouldn't be the same without him.

And, in my family now, I am beginning to think that JCT is the one! He is revealing this to us more and more each day. He has brought life and bright color to our family. . . especially since he turned two.

A couple of days ago, I asked he and Joshua to use the bathroom before we had to leave on an errand. Now, JCT knows how to use the bathroom (tee tee, anyway) by himself. So, I busied myself with fixing juice cups and finding my keys.

A few minutes later JCT came up to me saying, "I tee tee in dare, Mommy. I tee tee in dare."

"Good," I said not completely understanding why he felt the need to tell me this.

"No, Mommy, I tee tee in the stull. In the stull, Mommy," he said with a proud grin.

"In the stool, baby?" I said and walked in the powder bath to inspect.

I flipped the lid on the top of the stool open, and this is what I saw. . .



He tee- teed in the stool just like he said. Potty training has alerted him to a new toy, a toy hose that God gave him. And, I guess he just thought it seemed like a good place to use his new toy? At least he didn't tee-tee in the oven. That is where my brother, Kelly, used the bathroom once when he was two. Yes, the oven. I can just see my mother's face when she realized what the smell coming from the oven was. . .


Then, this morning JCT was left alone for all of about 5 minutes and look at the damage he did. He found my foot creme beside my bed and helped himself to the entire container!! Thankfully, I had not yet made my bed, so most of the damage was done to the sheets and his clothes. This picture truly does not do the whole ordeal justice.

I am little afraid to imagine the stunts he will pull in the future. . . the stories that we will repeat over and over again.




My goodness, I love you!!! Thanks for the color you bring to our family!!

12 comments:

Linda said...

My guess is you won't know half of what he does until he's all grown up. My husband is one of five boys. When they get together and talk about the things they did we all just sit spellbound. When my mother-in-law was still alive, she would sit listening in stunned silence. She never had a clue what they were up to.
He's a cutie,
Y'all have a blessed weekend.

Deidre said...

I love it that you can look at JCT's shenanigans and see them as 'color added to your family'. That's so sweet.
He is such a cutie and he looks like he's having a great time on your bed ... what's the problem?? :)

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

:) we have one of those in our family too:) or we might just have two of them:) But they sure do bring lots of smiles.... the Lord knows what He is doing in making them so cute:)

Family W said...

Aren't boys great? I just love it. They bring sunshine to our days and joy to our hearts. God bless, Lynn.

Wendy said...

I can SOOO relate to this post! My third child, who is also 2, is the same way. I could have an entire blog just written about her adventures. :)

Love the look on your boy's face!

Jenna said...

That little character is such a cutie! My brother was definitely the one in our family and still is even though is now 27 :)

Wendy said...

Hi Erin, To answer your question, this will be my 2nd marathon. I ran one in '99 before having kids. So 3 kids and a few extra pounds later, I'm trying another one. :)

Mrs. C said...

Thank you for this. This is my Barber and I like saying that he is adding a splash of color to our family. Especially when I was caught off-guard last week - when he exited the bathroom to inform me that he went on the floor.

It's good to know I am not alone.

Kelly said...

Sounds familiar... when I think back to the adventures of my now 10 year old I just laugh:-)

She pulled the same trick in her dress up station with a lift up lid... I was horrified... it seems funnier now from a few years distance in perspective!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ok, trying SO hard not to laugh but that is just priceless.

I have a feeling Hudson is going to be our ONE. He just started crawling at 5 1/2 months and we are so hosed! =) He can't wait to get there as fast as he can.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh, Erin! I know it's so much easier to laugh when I'm not the one cleaning it up! He truly is cute! I just happened to have a "tee-tee and boys" story up today too! What is right now? But the oven?! Now that's one of those that is ONLY funny in hindsight!

Girl Raised in the South said...

You have a fabulous perspective! I always saw it as God knowing He needed to do some work on me, which He did. Dan was hands down our imp - and man do we have the stories, as you obviously will too. xoox


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved