Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bad mood, Good day

I've been in a bad mood today.

Elijah woke me up at 5 a.m. crying to be fed, and it wasn't long after I settled him back in bed that I heard JCT crying upstairs. This time change has literally changed my life. Now my boys are waking up in the 5 o'clock hour and not the 6 o'clock hour. Ugh.

So, reluctantly I climbed the steps and opened the boys bedroom door. I was greeted by two smiling, happy boys. Their energy and enthusiasm soared. I vaguely remember statements like. . .

"Mommy, can we draw?"

"I want my milk!"

"I want to wear my pirate shirt today."

"Do I have to go to school today?"

"Can we go outside?"

And, so the day began. By 6 a.m. I announced to my husband that today was going to be a "bad day." And, when I decide that, it is pretty much set in stone at that point. You know, since I am Mama and all, and I set the tone for the home.

A few hours later Deana called to tell me that she has shingles. Enough said.

After that, I ran errands and went to pick up Joshua at school. Elijah cried so hard in the pick-up line outside Joshua's preschool that I took him out of his car seat and nursed him. While I was nursing him, JCT announced from the backseat that he needed to "tee tee." I climbed into the back of the van, holding Elijah, and helped JCT out of his car seat. Then, looking around for options, I decided the best thing to do was to put a diaper between his legs and let him tee tee in it. This went horribly wrong, and he ended getting tee tee on his shirt, his underwear, his pants, his shoes, and the floor of the van. Why, I ask, why?

Then, after Joshua got in the car and we drove home, Elijah began crying again. Did I say crying? I mean screaming. The kind of crying that unravels every nerve in your body and makes your hair stand on end. Shortly after we got home, I noticed that Elijah's right eye was pink. It appears he burst a blood vessel. I guess that is what happens when you scream unrelentingly for extended periods of time.

During the little boys' nap time, Joshua attempted to eat Lick'n stix for the first time. Needless to say, my table and floors were covered in green sugar. And, his teeth, tongue, and lips turned a lovely shade of green, as well.

It has been a day, and the scary thing is that it isn't over yet.

Life is never boring. It is constantly busy, always interesting.

So, I am reminding myself today that life is good. Really, it is.

Now, I am sipping coffee and listening to "What Can I Do" by Paul Baloche. Perspective. It is all about perspective.

Dear Lord, give me the right perspective, Your perspective. Oh, and a good sense of humor, too, Lord.

4 comments:

Brittani's Holding Little Hands said...

Oh, Erin, what a rough one! You made my day look good by default.

Thank the Lord that tomorrow is a new day, now let's just pray it starts a little later for all of us.

Now head on over to my site and read my hateful little post to Mr. Daylight Saving Time or AKA The Grinch that Stole Daylight.
http://holdinglittlehands.blogspot.com/2007/11/grinch-that-stole-daylight.html

Hopefully it will put a smile on your tired face:)

Sarah said...

Oh, dear! Have you told your boys that 5 a.m. is the middle of the NIGHT? I'm hurting for you, sweet friend! Some days just stink.

HW said...

The Lick-n-stix would have been enough to make it a bad day. But to add in everything else....UGH!

I remember standing at the candy racks while my children chose a treat and silently willing them "not the lick-n-stix, not the lick-n-stix, not the lick-n-stix." Then they discovered sour punch straws.....

Prayers are going up for you.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

You know, I agree, a lot of it is perspective but on the other hand, a lot of it is just having a bad day too. =) I'm sorry that it was ONE of those days. I'm experiencing that day today. So your post came at just the right time for me. Thank you!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved