Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I'm Not Sure It Was Salvation, But It Sure Was Cute!

A few nights ago I was reading to the big boys from the Jesus Storybook Bible. The story for that particular night was about when the Holy Spirit came like tongues of fire on the disciples in Jerusalem. The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the story like this. . .

"Suddenly, a stong wind filled the little room, whistling through the walls, rustling the straw on the floor. And there - on everyone's heads, shining in the gloom - were flickering flames. Fire that didn't hurt or burn.

And, something more: inside, in their hearts, they felt a strange heat, almost as if all the coldness and hardness were melting away. As if their broken hearts were mending. And God was giving them brand new hearts - hearts that could work properly.

How it happened they didn't know, but they knew God's power had struck their heart's ablaze - and Jesus Himself was coming to live inside of them."

Joshua perked up at that last sentence and said, "Jesus, lives inside of my heart!"

"Does He, Baby? Have you asked Him to come and live inside of you and be your Lord?"

Joshua looked up and in the sweetest little voice he said, "Jesus, will you come and live inside of me?"

We talked for a few minutes about sin and forgiveness and living our lives for the Lord - not for ourselves. I ended by saying, "If you ask Jesus to live inside of you and you really, really mean it then, He will do it."

Joshua, once again looking up, talking to God, said, "I really mean it!"

And, his mama's heart smiled.

May His desire always be for You, Lord.
And, may Your hand be always upon him.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Praise the Lord! :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Such a sweet post. Thank you for sharing.

Don't you LOVE the Jesus Storybook Bible? I think it is so beautifully written.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved