Sunday, January 06, 2008

Happy Belated 8 Months!


I like to refer to the picture above as "sick eyes." This Christmas was not only your first Christmas holiday but also your first time to be really sick. Bless your sweet heart you felt so bad, and sadly enough, you still do. But, Daddy started you on antibiotics last night, and we are hoping you will feel better soon. But, amidst the illness and your feeling so puny, you have remained such a joy, still smiling your sweet little smile.

You are precious. You always pat my back when I hold you, sweet little love pats. I guess it is because I pat your back to burp you, and you think you should do it to me, too? Boy, do I love those pats! And, you are clapping now, and even waving some. You say "Ma Ma" and "Da Da," and "Ba Ba" (whatever that means??). And, when you get fussy, one of the things that you love for me to do is softly tickle your ears, cheek, and neck. It almost always calms you down.

When we drove to visit family over Christmas, you fell asleep in your car seat with your little red tabogon on, and it fell down over your eyes. You slept for 3+ hours with your tabogon over your eyes. You looked so cute!!!

You still are not taking solids. We keep trying, but you just aren't sure what to do with the food when we put it in your mouth. Usually, you end up spitting it out. I feel certain you will catch on soon! We'll keep trying. . .

What a joy you are, little man. You are unique and precious. And, you have two big brothers who adore you! We are rapidly approaching your first birthday! How exciting, my love! Keep growing, and, as my mama used to whisper over me when I lay in bed sick, Jesus make you well, my baby, Jesus make you well.

I love you!


5 comments:

Sara said...

You are precious little one!

Popo and Nana and Gong Gong and Granda said...

I enjoy your blog. Thanks for sharing.

I was wondering how I might get permission to use your picture/logo. I am part of a women's retreat team and we are planning a retreat called, "The Cup of Life". Your logo with the scripture is perfect. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Again..thanks for sharing.

Erin said...

Popo, all I know is Susie at bluebird blog design did my website. It says on the left hand side of my page that she got the picture from istock?? That is all I know to tell you. I just told her what I liked and didn't like. She did it all. Hope that helps!

Erin

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

He is precious, there is no doubt that you have a special baby on your hands. 8 months?! It doesn't seem possible but Hudson will be one next month, so I guess its true.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, tell me he's not already 8 months old! I can't believe it!! But SO precious--that picture of him makes me want to drive all the way to your house just to hold him! (And drink coffee on your porch while we watch all six of our kids play, too!)

I miss you, sweet friend! I'll try calling you again tomorrow :)


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved