Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nana and Joshua

Nana is my mom, and we spent the weekend with she and my dad (Poppy) recently. While we were visiting, Erik and I attended a Parenting Conference at my parent's church. So, the boys got to spend lots of one on one time with Nana and Poppy. During their time together my mom had a sweet encounter with my oldest. She and Joshua were sitting on the couch together. She said that he kept kissing her and telling her he loved her. So, she looked him in the eyes and asked. . .



"Joshua will you still love me when you are big like your Daddy?"



And, Joshua answered. . .



"Nana, I will love you when I am 5, and when I am 6 I will love you, and even when I am 7 I will love you! And, yes, Nana, even when I am as big as Daddy, I will still love you! I will always love you, Nana."

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I bet Nana will treasure that moment in her heart for all of her days! How sweet!!

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

This is so precious!! I bet your mom will remember that forever!

HW said...

There is something about a grandma and her grandsons.
My mom recently reminded me of the time my son, when he was about 4, got her chip dip for her birthday because she had been out on our most recent visit to her house.
Ah, little boys....


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved