Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our Little World Right Now. . .

Things that are going on in my family's little world. . .

1.) It is Erik's birthday week this week! And, that means that I am crazy trying to think of sweet little happies for him each day! I think I started this tradition the first year of our marriage, and, needless to say, it was a hit - thus, it stuck! Yesterday I took the boys to Super Wal-mart hoping that they would help me come up with some little presents for Daddy. Guess what Daddy got from his little men?


An inflatable turtle, 3 water guns, and a two pack of bubbles!


I love letting them pick out whatever they want to give Daddy (or themselves, anyway!). But, I think this was the gift that meant the most to Daddy. . .

2.) We are doing Vacation Bible School this week at church. It is nearly all consuming. Between the planning and preps, missed naps and exhaustion, I may be in serious need of a vacation myself next week. I have already decided that next Monday I am not doing anything. Not A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G, nothing, nada, zilch!! I am going to lounge around the house and enjoy the fact that I am a stay-at-home-mom, and I have no where that I have to be at any certain time. This getting up and getting three boys ready by 8:40 is for the birds.


3.) I have to admit that on top of all the craziness that is my life - Erik's birthday week+VBS+t-ball games+regular chores, etc. - I have been struggling. Not with the busyness so much, but with the age old sins that lurk around and present themselves when I least desire for them to do so. They keep me humble. They make me realize that even though I have been walking with God for 20+ years, I still stumble over some of the same sins. I seem to forget about them, and then boom, there they are again.


And, it makes me wonder if sometimes I seek perfection rather than the Perfector if that makes any sense. I long to be perfect, flawless, selfless, and pure, but if my desire is perfection, and not the One perfecting me than I am completely missing the point.
Father, you know my heart. Be my sole desire, Lord.


4.) I am loving the pool! What did we do before we had it?? Seriously, I highly recommend pools! If they were cheaper, I'd buy them for all my good friends for Christmas next year! So, fun! I even stocked the freezer with Popsicles and ice cream sandwiches for post swim treats. I have never really liked summer. As soon as it hits 80 degrees, I start praying for fall to come quickly! But, this pool deal is changing my whole perspective!

5.) And, now I must end with the words to a song my lyrical genius of a son wrote for me during his bath this evening. . . With little to no effort at all Joshua wrote this catchy little song for me:


Mom is good.

Mom is Great!

Mom smells like a BIG FAT GRAPE!


I am just thankful that he likes grapes. He eats them often. So, I am assuming that he finds their odor to be somewhat pleasant.
One can only hope.

2 comments:

Kim said...

We grew up with a pool! I miss it so much :( Here in VA, most people join their neighborhood pool, but it's not the same. I know your boys will have such fond memories of swimming and playing with family & friends.

It's been 100 degrees for like 5-days straight here and I am starting the think the earth may catch fire. We need a pool, so can you count me as one of those "friends" if they go on sale for a couple of bucks? :)

I don't think smelling like a grape is bad at all. My sweet little man told me yesterday (with the sweetest batting of the eye) to "Eat his moustache".

He's five.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

That song made me laugh.

I can relate to number 3. We just had a really busy week with VBS and swim lessons. I agree with you, getting three children ready in the early morning is most definitely for the birds. It most certainly doesn't bring out the best in me. Fortunately, He is bigger than my sinful self.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved