Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Weekend



We had a wonderful weekend!! I must admit, though, it took a few minutes! I cried for about the first 30 minutes of my drive, then Deana B and Sara called which cheered me up a bit! As I drove to the airport to pick up Jen, it was just like old times. I used to drop her off and pick her up at the Nashville airport when we were in college. It was almost surreal. We quickly headed off on our first adventure - lunch. And, I still felt a bit like I was in a dream. I was walking around with a purse over my shoulder (as opposed to a diaper bag) and there was no entourage following behind me. I was simply one person, and Jen was one person, and we were eating and talking. And, aside from an occasional text message or cell phone call our lunchtime conversation was completely uninterrupted!!! By dinner I had completely adjusted to being just one person, and I was thoroughly enjoying myself!!

The rest of the weekend was simply perfect! We went to two great church services! One on Saturday night and one on Sunday morning. We couldn't decide where to go, so we just went to both. Our goal at one church was to hear Christy Nockels (our favorite) lead worship, but she lead worship the week before, so we missed her! But, in her place, was Jeremy Deibler from FFH, so that was a fun treat! Our goal at the other church was to hear Scotty Smith preach and to catch a glimpse of Stephen Curtis Chapman and his family! We did get to hear an incredible sermon by Scotty, but we didn't get to see the sweet Chapman family!

Spending time with Jen was wonderfully fun! We drank lots of coffee, ate lots of sweets, shopped at lots of stores, and talked about lots of heart stirring topics!! I could not have asked for a better getaway!

Here are a few pics from our weekend!
Our B&B. . .


The B & B's beautiful driveway. . .

The barn out back. . .
(We saw several deer leap across the hills in the backyard as we sipped ice water and talked one evening!)



This is a picture of us after breakfast one morning! Jen is 15 weeks pregnant with her fourth, and I am 30 weeks pregnant with my fourth, as well! I had to include this picture which features our blossoming bellies - mine a bit more ripe than hers!




Our fun little room!


We took a picture of the potty for our husbands' sake. We knew that they would not approve of the lack of leg room!


One of our favorite places to eat!!



One of the reasons that this is one of our favorite places to eat. . .

Note the desserts on the table! The strawberry cake was amazing!!!

We stopped by a friend's house to meet her baby for the first time! Oh. my. goodness. She was soooooo cute!!! I fell in love! An absolute dollbaby!! She did the cutest thing with her lips! Here is a pic. . .

How cute is that!! Is there anything cuter than 6 months old, I ask you? I think not. . .

Except for maybe 14 months old - because that is how old my darling baby is!! And, I still cannot get over how much all of my boys grew while I was away for four days!!! Seriously, they all like shot up 3 inches or something!

It was a great trip, but it is good, really good to be home!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, my heart almost stopped when you said Jen's pregnant with #4! I didn't know! I'm so excited, and SO tempted to get on the 4th Baby Train!! Chris is not, though, so I guess I'll be living vicariously through you two!

I miss you guys :)

Jenny said...

I'm really glad that you had a good weekend away. A good friend is a treasure!

Kelly said...

What a beautiful B & B, and sounds like an amazing weekend together.

(The kids always grow or learn a new skill while you're gone, but you deserved the break and restoration.)

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. How fun!

I'm partial to 4-month-olds, but give me a month and I'll probably be into 5-month-olds. :)

Rae said...

What a great get-away! Thanks for sharing the fun highlights with us!

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

Sounds like a delightful weekend getaway! You have that terrific pregnant mom glow. Only 10 weeks to go..hooray!!

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! The rolls alone would have made the trip worth it! We love that place, too!

Julie said...

Your family is beautiful, as well as your blog.

I loved reading about your "getaway" weekend.

I have 5 children, but mine are all growing up.

I loved the picture of your son as he said his sad goodbye and your sweet one walking....

I love the verse at the top of your blog. It is one of my alltime favorites.

I found you from Angela's (Becoming Me) blog.

It's nice to meet you.

Julie
PS. Do you live in Nashville? I'm down the road a bit in Georgia.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved