Thursday, September 18, 2008

A picture, a princess, a project, a panic attack, & a pajama party

The letter of the week for Joshua's kindergarten class this week was "P."

It has been a busy week, a happy week, & an interesting week. Joshua was chosen as student of the week this week! Fun for him! Really all this meant to him was that he got to sleep in "the loft." Each kindergarten room has a little reading loft, and the student of the week gets to take his/her nap up there! Unbridled excitement, I assure you!

Anyway, where do I begin? Oh, yes, the picture. . . Here it is. . .


Joshua brought this cute picture home from school the other day, and it made me smile for several reasons. One reason being that it! is! so! cute!!! But, the main reason is that I remember being very young and being asked by my teacher to draw a picture of myself. I didn't know what color to make my hair. I mean, what color is auburn really? All my blond friends picked up yellow crayons, and my brunette friends picked up brown crayons. I could have picked up a red crayon, but my hair wasn't really red. So, I asked the teacher, and she suggested that I use brown, red, and yellow. And, that is exactly what I did ~ as did my son!

Now, on to the Princess, M., that is. The other night Erik asked Joshua to say the letters of the alphabet and to name something that begins with each letter. Need ye even guess what he said when he got to the letter M? Princess M., of course. And, Erik said that he had a silly grin on his sweet little face.

Please.

Then, last night as I was putting Elijah's pj's on him, Joshua was sitting on the little twin bed in Elijah's room talking to us. I looked down at my 'Lijah and said, "You have the prettiest eyes, 'Lijah!" To which Joshua said, "What about my eyes, Mommy, are they the prettiest, too?" Before I could answer, I turned around to find my darling son staring dreamily at the ceiling. After a moment or two, he said, "Princess M. has the prettiest eyes of all."
Are you kidding me, son? Get ahold of yourself please.
I think he could tell I was taken aback by his statement, so he fixed it, or so he thought, by saying, "I mean, you, Mommy, you and Princess M. have the prettiest eyes. Both of you do."

And, that made it all better ~ except not really. . .

But, on to the project. . .

Like I said, "P" is the letter of the week. So, Joshua had to do a little presentation introducing his class to his Pet today . We had to make a mini poster for him to take and present to the class.
And, here it is. . .




The scrapbooker in me went a little crazy, but hey, it was fun!

I took this picture of Joshua and Rain for the project, and it turned out so well! I love it!! Nothing like a boy and his dog!

And, now on to the panic attack. . .

My panic attack occured when I heard my son, my sweet and precious son, say a certain 4 letter word. Heavens. I knew that the world and all its evils would slowly make its way into my home, but I had no idea Joshua would be influenced so soon! I mean this is kindergarten, good grief!

And, this is how it happened. Last night after I bathed the big boys, I gave Erik Daniel a bath. I was sitting on the boy's bathroom rug drying my sweet Erik Daniel off after his bath. The 3 bigger boys were playing quietly in their rooms waiting for me to finish and read to them. Joshua came running into the bathroom. I am guessing that he heard this new word and was just waiting for an opportunity to try it out on me ~ to see what I thought about it.

All I have to say is. . . he chose the WRONG parent to try this word out on ~ the WRONG parent.

Anyway, back to the story, he runs into the bathroom and says, "What are you doing? Come in there with us, Mommy."

I said, "Joshua, I am drying your baby brother off, give me a minute please. . ."

Then, he said. . .

"No, you're not. You ain't doing anything!!!!!!"

Excuse me. Was that my son? Tell me, "no," Lord, tell me it was not my son!

I grabbed his arm, forced him to make eye contact with me, and said. . .

"What did you just say? Where did you hear that? I don't care what the other kids at school say. I don't know what you hear on the playground, but you will not use that word in this house or anywhere else for that matter! Do you understand me, son?"

He looked a bit scared by my quick reaction and my tone but he managed to muster up a shakey "Yes, ma'am," in response.

I feel certain that this will not be the last time that incorrect grammar will rear its ugly head in my home. But, at least now I know that I need to be on my guard. I am ready. :-)

Now, on to a happier topic. . . Pajama Party!!! They had a pajama party at school today! Joshua has been looking forward to this all week!! At 6:30 this morning he began asking me if it was time to leave for school! All the kids and teachers wore their pjs to school. And, Mrs. W., Joshua's teacher, told the class that she let her 3 year old twin sons pick out her pjs at the store, and they were the craziest pjs the store had!!!!! Joshua was on pins and needles unable to wait to see them!! They watched the movie Peter Pan and ate popcorn popped in a popcorn machine like at a ball game!! How much fun is that!! And, so this is what my son looked like when he left for school. . .


And, that about sums up Joshua's week of P's. It was a fun week for my priceless, precious, and perfectly wonderful oldest son!

4 comments:

Phil said...

At least he didn't say, "You ain't doin' nuthin'!"

I love reading your blog! Have a great weekend!!

HW said...

My kids loved pajama day. For "V" week when they had to wear a vest one day, I let each of my kids pick out fabric and I made their vest for them. Fun times.

My 17-year-old son likes to say "ain't" to push my buttons. I CANNOT STAND poor grammar. Trouble is, when I growl at him for it, he says "but grandma and grandpa say it." That would be his father's parents, not mine.

picturesofhisgrace said...

Aaron has those same pj's! Love them. Sounds like Joshua is having loads of fun at school! Love you guys!

Love Being A Nonny said...

..........so what were the teacher's pajamas????


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved