Sunday, September 21, 2008

Still My Baby. . .


I am so proud of you, sweet boy! You have transitioned so well from being "the baby" to being a big brother. I love to watch you love on your little brother! But, I often kid that Erik Daniel needs a helmet to protect his head from all your lovin'!!! Sweet one, you love hard. You have handled all this so well, and I am so proud of you.

But, today for the first time you did something new. I was sitting at my desk with the boppy on my lap, looking up something on the computer while holding Erik Daniel. You came over and gently nudged Erik Daniels feet and then looked up at me. And, I knew what you meant.

So, I took Erik Daniel and layed him in his Moses basket on the table, and I picked you up. And, we danced in the kitchen. We danced to a silly happy song. I swung you around and made you smile and laugh. And, I also held you close so that your heart could hear what my heart was whispering. Did you hear it? Deep down in your heart, did you hear what my heart was saying over and over again to you? In case you missed it, let me tell you. . .

"You may not be the smallest anymore,
but you are still my baby.
You will always be my baby.
And, I will always love you, my sweet Li Li.
Please be patient with me.
As I feed and care for your little brother.
Know that I love you, my precious son
with your big grin and your silly laugh.
You make my heart smile, little man.
So, promise me that you won't forget. . .
Tuck my words away deep in your heart. . .
You may not be the smallest anymore,
but you are still my baby.
You will always be my baby.
And, I will always love you, my sweet Li Li."

5 comments:

Jenny said...

So sweet! You're such a neat mom!

Kim said...

I love seeing baby brothers love on each other!

picturesofhisgrace said...

Elijah,you are so precious!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Oh, so sweet.

Katie said...

Ohhh, wow, this is so incredibly sweet and loving. It is so easy to see that your precious boys are LOVED!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved