Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Little Hopeless Romantic. . .

Since Joshua began kindergarten, he has come home talking about a certain young girl with long blond curly hair that I will call Princess M. I know her and her family well. She just turned 6, and she is a leader, strong and confident.

One day Joshua came home in a horrible mood. At first he wouldn't tell me what was wrong, but it was obvious that he was MAD. He stomped around the house for at least an hour before he let me in on what was bothering him. It seems Princess M. told him that she was not his friend anymore. She was now Jack's friend. And, Jack is one of Joshua's friends. Thus, we have a love triangle. Many pictures were drawn that afternoon ~ pictures of revenge. We had recently watched Alice in Wonderland. So, many of the pictures Joshua drew had to do with Princess M. being shrunk to a tiny size much like Alice. I told Erik about Joshua's little sad story, and his only concern was that Joshua not let a girl come between he and one of his guy friends. This didn't seem to be an issue with Joshua. His anger was at Princess M. alone ~ not at his buddy Jack.

This slowly died down, and we had not heard a whole lot about it until. . .

my mom came to visit when Erik Daniel was born. She ate lunch with Joshua at school and came home with much to say. Apparently, Joshua knocked a few kids down in the lunchroom to stand next to Princess M. in line. And, Jack, well, good old Jack was not the least bit concerned with any of it according to Nana.

Then, a few days later Joshua came home from school with his towel in his backpack. Now, towels go home every Friday to be washed, but this was not Friday. This was Thursday. I was confused. I pulled his towel out of his backpack and asked him why he brought it home a day early. He answered without hesitation. . .

"Because Princess M. told me to."

Of course, why else? What was I thinking?

Oh, me.

I rolled my eyes and looked at my mother who was sitting on one of the benches at our kitchen table. Joshua was walking toward the powder bath when my mom said very casually and not too loud, "Well, let's hope Princess M. never tells him to jump off a cliff!"

Joshua, who at this time had one hand on the powder bath door and was about to walk in, said very loudly and confidently. . .

"WELL, IF SHE DID, THEN I WOULD DO IT!!!!!" And, as he finished his sentence, he slammed the door behind him.

Needless to say, my mom and I were in stitches on the kitchen floor!

Heaven help me!

What, I ask, what, oh, what will I do when my precious son turns 16?

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm guessing you won't have to wait until 16 to find out, by then you will be an old pro.
My son has a good friend, Rae, who in the 4th grade told my son she liked him one day while she was at our house. He apparently did not let her down too gently. Their teacher told me all about it a couple of days later. Rae had pulled up a chair to her desk, upset because she did not know what to do, Skyler was to go home on the bus with her that afternoon, but now she did not know if she still wanted that. The retelling was hysterically amusing. He did go home with her and had a great time. She soon focused her attention on another boy, and Skyler did not like that one bit.:)
Now he is in 7th grade, he and Rae are still friends. He came home the other day complaining the High School girls think he is "adorable." The poor guy, he IS adorable, and he doesn't stand a chance against those girls.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

Seriously?! That is hilarious.

Katie said...

Oh my! That is hilarious! Bless his heart!!

Jennifer said...

This is so funny. I am definitely not ready for all this drama! Agh!


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved