Friday, September 12, 2008

Baby Things. . .


By the time you have four children of the same sex, baby gifts are a rarity ~ as they should be ~ I need nothing!! But, boy, are the little things that people buy specifically for "this" child special.

So, when I opened a box from my sweet sister-in-love, Cecilia, the other day and found this inside, I squeeled!




I was absolutely tickled!!! A sweater with his name monogramed on it ~ precious. I'll keep this baby gift forever, or at least until his wife asks for it!!

And, a few days before one of my neighbors brought us a meal and this blanket!



Needless to say, I went crazy over the blanket! I am a sucker for anything in chocolate brown and blue. And, I love the funky heart pattern!

These aren't new ~ my mom bought them when Elijah was a baby.




But, they are favorites of mine. They are little converse hightop looking socks with laces and everything!! Love them! The sad thing is that my sweet newborn's feet are so long they are already almost too small for him!!! Bless his heart, poor little man got his Mama's big feet gene.

And, here is my darling little football player in another baby gift. Thank you, Sara! I love this shirt!


Can you tell what he is thinking? He is thinking, "Why does my Mommy put me through all this?" I have been taking pictures of him nonstop since his birth!!
Oh, and can you see the red in his hair?
Yep, he is going fit in just fine around here. . .

5 comments:

Malisa @ Sanity in Small Doses said...

What thoughtful gifts.. Your baby boy is simply adorable!

picturesofhisgrace said...

You are right! Those are wonderful gifts. Very sweet! I love his long fingers and his big feet. What is it about your boys that always sends me into baby fever? Oh, how precious they are!

Phil said...

Erik Daniel is precious!! He looks so much like his daddy!!

Love,
Erin

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

He is a cutie!

Glad he is getting a few things of his own even if it wasn't needed. I know I appreciated that with my youngest.

FaceforGrace said...

AWE! I love that little sweater and especially the brown/blue blanket! I need to find out where to get one of those. We are praying that God will bless our house with a little boy soon!

How precious your little one is! And I am so happy for him that he's getting some things of his own, I was the "baby" of the family and always got the hand-me-downs. Not that I'm at all bitter about that or anything!:)

Love,
Holly


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved