Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Green Frog Boots

As I entered the breezeway between our garage and our backdoor today, I was greeted by these little guys. . .






And, they took me aback for a moment.

I have children.

I have sweet little boys who leave their green frog boots at the backdoor before entering into our home.

They are mine. . .

Handpicked for me by my sweet God.

And, I love them more than life itself.

I could spend hours decorating my backdoor. Buying wreathes and planting pansies. . .

But, all JCT had to do was sit his little boots right there, just like that, and no decoration in the world could mean more.

I don't even see the pretty stuff.

All I see our JCT's sweet little green frog boots. . .

And, my heart is warmed through and through.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I know just what you mean. I feel the same way each time I see my son's little brown crocs. So precious.

Liberty said...

I love this!

I have 3 boys and it is true, but when I went in the backyard today it was decorated with trash from snack time. LOL

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I have two pairs of boots sitting by my backdoor. I almost did a post once about how much I like glancing over at them. Isn't it the best feeling?

HW said...

My daughter had red rubber boots when she was little. I could not get rid of them so every Christmas I set them on our porch with holiday flowers in them. I get so many compliments on my boot bouquet. I will keep those red boots forever.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved