Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One Sunday Afternoon. . .

A few Sundays ago, Erik and Sean went to the Steelers/Titans game in Nashville. This meant that I was home alone with the boys from sun up to sun down on a Sunday.


My to do list that day looked like this. . .


* Send boys upstairs to play & wrap presents!

* Do Laundry

* Bake something for the neighbors

* Begin packing or at least make a list of outfits to bring


But, I did none of those things. . .


Instead this is what I did. . .


* Assisted the boys in painting the birdhouses that Sean and Deana got them for Christmas

* Helped the boys make a train track that goes around the Christmas tree!

So, fun, but just like a little boy ~ the joy they found in all of this was making the trains run into one another and wreck! Or, they would put a faster train behind a slower train and watch the faster train push the slower train off the track!


* Helped Joshua dress up as Santa, JCT as an elf, and organize their sleigh and reindeer!


In his best Santa voice, Joshua called the reindeer. Only I don't think Santa does it quite like my little Southern man. . .
"Comet & Cupid, Donner & Blitzen, COME ON YA'LL! COME ON!"

A close up of Rudolph!
Oh, what fun it is to ride!!!!


Erik got home just before bedtime and entertained the boys by making them count how many shirts he had on as he dropped them in a pile on the kitchen floor. . .



7 shirts ~ and he still froze!!!
I didn't get much accomplished, but we did have some fun!!!!

1 comment:

Messy and Wonderful said...

You are a great mom - you keep the important things as important.

You are an encouragement to me.


My photo
Hi! I live in a sweet country home overflowing with love and laughter. I have been blessed to journey these days beside a man that I love, respect, and admire. He is my soul-mate and best friend. Together we are seeking to raise our seven children to be lovers of God, to be wise and discerning, and to be all that our sweet God created them to be.



 

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved